Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question on interior LED lights and an HID bulb upgrade. I am about to bite the bullet for these at Karbon Koncepts but would really like to see some pictures before buying.

I originally was going to get the stage 1 interior lights (5000k) but I want to make sure they are at least as bright as the stock bulbs.

Next, I am torn between the 5000k and 6000k HID replacement bulbs. I don't really want them to look too aftermarket (blue) but I also would like them to match my LED fogs that came on my 2014 sxl.

Last but not least, I am going to get the LED license plate bulbs and cant decide between stage 1 and stage 2. Stage one is 6000k and closer to factory and Stage 2 is 5000k and brighter.

Anyone have any photos of these setups or any opinions. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
69 Posts
LEDs

I can answer some of your questions.

I got the stage 1 interior LED kit from KK. They LEDs are definately as bright, if not brighter than the stock bulbs. The color difference is pretty dramatic, the bright white vs the yellow of the stock. A small complaint, the vanity bulbs in the sun visor are a slightly different shade of white than the overhead lights are. It isn't terrible, and you rarely have both sets of lights on at the same time, but it exists.

As for the license plate bulbs, I had the stage 1 kit and swapped them out for the stage 2 and noticed almost no difference TBH.

I am interested in swapping the HIDs for a 5000K bulb, but would like to see that done before spending the money, so if you do make that swap, please post pics for me.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can answer some of your questions.

I got the stage 1 interior LED kit from KK. They LEDs are definately as bright, if not brighter than the stock bulbs. The color difference is pretty dramatic, the bright white vs the yellow of the stock. A small complaint, the vanity bulbs in the sun visor are a slightly different shade of white than the overhead lights are. It isn't terrible, and you rarely have both sets of lights on at the same time, but it exists.

As for the license plate bulbs, I had the stage 1 kit and swapped them out for the stage 2 and noticed almost no difference TBH.

I am interested in swapping the HIDs for a 5000K bulb, but would like to see that done before spending the money, so if you do make that swap, please post pics for me.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info! That helps a lot. They are doing 35% off LEDs and HIDs right now so I am going to get it all :) I think I am going to go with the 5000k HIDs so I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought a set of "cheap" D1S's from eBay. They were 6000k, but they were too blue for my liking. I ended up ordering the OSRAM XENARC 66144 CBI D1S's from K5 Optima Store. Big difference in sight distance and the color matches my HID fog lights which bugged me with the 6000k.

K5 Optima Store - D1S: OSRAM XENARC 66144 CBI

A little pricey, but they're not knock-offs and come with a 2 year warranty. Money well spent if you ask me.

Dave

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I would strongly suggest everyone does their online research about any company they plan to order from before doing so...

I bought a set of "cheap" D1S's from eBay. They were 6000k, but they were too blue for my liking. I ended up ordering the OSRAM XENARC 66144 CBI D1S's from K5 Optima Store. Big difference in sight distance and the color matches my HID fog lights which bugged me with the 6000k.

K5 Optima Store - D1S: OSRAM XENARC 66144 CBI

A little pricey, but they're not knock-offs and come with a 2 year warranty. Money well spent if you ask me.

Dave
Thanks Dave. We only sell authentic CREE LEDs and legitimate HID bulbs. We don't sell the knockoff counterparts which you could find for much cheaper on eBay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts