Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read through most of the manual, but in my playing around with my speed sensor problem, I found a few interesting things out.

1. If you press traction control off button for more than 3 seconds, it also turns off stability control.

• Disconnecting the battery would require resetting the panoramic sunroof.

• Pulling the main ECU fuse will clear check engine codes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is there a reason why I would want to turn my "traction control" and/or my "stability control" off?

Is there any downside to leaving these safety assists "on" full-time?

·
Registered
841 Posts
No downside for normal use - some like to turn off for track use, to not have any kind of driver assist. I see no need to turn them off ever. Both systems have proven to be able to provide control to the car that would spin out cars without the systems.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Do you know if throwing the shifter into "manual" shift mode takes traction control off? I've had tire squeal while I was telling the engine to go to which gear but not any other time.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I didn't realize stability control and traction control were two different things, nice to know they can both be controlled. Agree it's best they stay on in most circumstances. I'll have to play with that one of these days on a closed course, see if there's any improvement in performance when you leave it up to the driver to control the car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts