Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Inner and OUTer passenger side taillight is OUT . Is this usually a light fault or fuse/relay? I have been through TONS of fuse box diagrams, which fuse/relay and where should I look to replace?? Or is this a full replacement of both the taillights? I should mention, both my Brake and turn lights ARE working, but the rest of the light is dead.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The turns signals are incandescent not LED as all the rest are. But what I find odd is your brake light is working but not the tail light. Since the brake light is working, it doesn't sound like a loose plug or a fuse issue. Sounds like maybe an LED driver issue maybe? Also sounds like either a trip to the dealer and/or replace your two light assemblies.

Reactions: MV1609

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The turns signals are incandescent not LED as all the rest are. But what I find odd is your brake light is working but not the tail light. Since the brake light is working, it doesn't sound like a loose plug or a fuse issue. Sounds like maybe an LED driver issue maybe? Also sounds like either a trip to the dealer and/or replace your two light assemblies.
MY NEIGHBOR FIGURED IT OUT!! The passenger side license plate bulb was out, and took out the taillight with it. Once we replaced the license plate bulb, the LED'S on the taillight came on!! I guess it runs in series back there, as the power runs into the trunk from the driver's side!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's extremely weird. I'm glad you were able to get it figured out though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welp it wasn't so solved until today. Apparently a battery drainage threw off the BCM and it had to be reset. I had an Auto electric guy come out and fix and diagnose for an EXTREMELY good price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I have learned from my experience is that sometimes with electronics or electrical problems with these cars comes from a voltage drain, and the modules just need resetting with a good scan tool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts