Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
I love it.

Registered
I really wish Kia would release this with more HP AND AWD, not either/or like the K5. I don't understand why with such nice cars (Cadenza/K900 and this) that they don't offer more HP to compete in that next level class. Even just the 350HP/TQ available with the current tune on the 3.5TT engine would be a help. I'm sure they could retune it for more power and drop that in. Even 400HP/TQ brings it into true BMW/Audi/Merc territory for a performance sedan. The rest of the car already stands on its own against those offerings.

Personally, that would be the Kia I would buy!

Registered
They could save money by offering this with the Stinger drivetrains. Use the same platform but stretch it a bit for the K8, or just move the 2nd row back some to prioritize legroom over trunk space. But then I suppose it would step on the toes of the Genesis G80.

I owned Subarus for a number of years, and my old '05 Legacy GT was one of the most fun cars I've owned. It was a WRX for grown-ups: 2.5 Turbo, 5-spd manual, AWD w/ 50/50 torque split. With a simple ECU tune it went from 250 hp/250 ft-lbs to over 300 for both.

Having owned my Cadenza now for almost 3 years, I've experienced the limitations of FWD. Make it AWD, with more supportive seats, and I'd be quite happy.

If the K5 GT could be had with AWD, I'd gravitate there, but I guess the Stinger is the only option left for AWD & performance in the same package (in the US). (or, if I have to, move to Genesis)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts