Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
I have a 2015 Cadenza base model that comes with HID halogen aided by a projector (not sure whether it is really HID) and I want to upgrade it to Xenon

I'm quite newbie to Xenon and stuff like that
All i currently know is that i need:

Xenon conversion kit 35w
H7 adapter

so I kindly need someone enlighten me and list stuffs i need to purchase to achieve good results eventually without loosing features like AUTO and stuffs like that. I'll have it done at a shop.

and I need to know some of the compatible QUALITY conversion kits brands.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Cadenza Forum.

We can definitely help you with that as we are a master distributor for The Retrofit Source.

They are the leader in HID technology and stand behind the products they sell with a solid 5 year warranty.

Here is a direct link to the product on our site: TRS HID Conversion Kit - K5 Optima Store

This kit will include (2) HID Bulbs, (2) HID Ballasts, (1) Power Relay Harness, & (1) Capacitor Harness Link

Let us know if you have any questions. These are in stock and ship within 24 hours of your order being placed on our site.

David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome to the Cadenza Forum.

We can definitely help you with that as we are a master distributor for The Retrofit Source.

They are the leader in HID technology and stand behind the products they sell with a solid 5 year warranty.

Here is a direct link to the product on our site: TRS HID Conversion Kit - K5 Optima Store

This kit will include (2) HID Bulbs, (2) HID Ballasts, (1) Power Relay Harness, & (1) Capacitor Harness Link

Let us know if you have any questions. These are in stock and ship within 24 hours of your order being placed on our site.

David

Ohh thank you, it looks like these all I need.
do they come with the instructions?
are shipping options restricted to US or Canada only?

·
Registered
36 Posts
For someone with a base Cadenza without factory HIDs, how is the light spread when using this kit? I don't want to modify the projectors, so I wouldn't want to install something that might blind on-coming cars.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Ohh thank you, it looks like these all I need.
do they come with the instructions?
are shipping options restricted to US or Canada only?
You're very welcome. The only other thing you'll need not included in this kit would be the H7 bulb adapters which you can find on Amazon using the link below for only $6.58 shipped.

Amazon.com: Amico 2 Pcs Xenon H7 HID Bulb Kit Holders Retainers Adapters for Kia: Automotive

The HID kit is universal and not made specifically for your Cadenza, therefore specific installation instructions for your vehicle are not included. Each and every wire is labeled very clearly. If you are not 100% comfortable with doing the installation, we recommend taking your vehicle to a professional installer to complete the work.

For someone with a base Cadenza without factory HIDs, how is the light spread when using this kit? I don't want to modify the projectors, so I wouldn't want to install something that might blind on-coming cars.
There is no need to modify the projectors, and some will argue to never install HIDs on a non HID projector. However we've been selling HIDs for the Optima, Forte, & Cadenza for quite sometime and I would not say that it blinds oncoming drivers as the headlight on the drivers side is still a bit lower than the passenger side from the factory.

As far as the actual light spread, we don't have any photos of this, but maybe some others might be able to post if they have any images of this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way, my car comes with the DRL under the lens and the LED above the lens which i noticed many of the owners here don't have one of these, Will i need to give up for the Drl or led to run the xenon kit?

I'll be using 35watts only on low beams, will i still need the relay harness anyway?
Isn't the car already modified for running Hids without relay harness?

This forum is probably a ghost town.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
By the way, my car comes with the DRL under the lens and the LED above the lens which i noticed many of the owners here don't have one of these, Will i need to give up for the Drl or led to run the xenon kit?

I'll be using 35watts only on low beams, will i still need the relay harness anyway?
Isn't the car already modified for running Hids without relay harness?

This forum is probably a ghost town.
No you will not need to give up any other lighting to install an HID conversion kit. 35 watt HID kits are all that we sell as we do not recommend using a 55 watt HID kit. Yes you will always need a relay harness when installing an HID kit on a Kia or Hyundai vehicle. No if your vehicle did not come equipped with HIDs from the factory it is not set up for HIDs already.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anyone tried a HID H7C bulb instead of the H7 bulb? My understanding is the H7C bulb is shorter than a H7, and closer to the length of a halogen H7 bulb.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Never heard of H7C. Got a link? Putting an HID bulb in a halogen projector may or may not yield good results. Most people don't think about optics and how important it is to putting usable light on the road.

Halogen bulbs emit light differently than HID bulbs, and your projectors are designed to take advantage of how a halogen bulb emits light (along a long (ish) filament). HIDs emit light in a small ball. Decreasing the distance that ball sits at may or may not help, all depends on the design of the halogen projector optics.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Has anyone tried a HID H7C bulb instead of the H7 bulb? My understanding is the H7C bulb is shorter than a H7, and closer to the length of a halogen H7 bulb.
You are correct that the "C" in H7C just stands for it being a shorter bulb in length. Word on the market is that the "C" stands for clearance, since it allows for more room when installed in the headlamp housings. We can definitely order these for you if you were looking to upgrade to HID lighting on your vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts