Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't have to do anything to the car as far as dropping the bumper or moving any part under the hood. Once I saw for myself where the low beams were located and how easy it was to access them, I pretty much knew I'd be able to do it this way. And I have big fat boy hands but it still wasn't that bad. Dust covers off, old lights twisted off, new lights twisted on, done! The little diagnostic plug bracket scraped up my hand a bit, but that's better than doing it any other way in my book! I bought Lasfit LEDs by the way, no affiliation I promise, just putting it out there since they are specially designed to fit the Hyundai/Kia bulb holder. Went right in without a hitch and they fit nice and tight.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm glad you had an easy time with YOUR type of headlights. You never qualified your post with which year and or type of headlight system you have. From reading your post, you obviously have standard halogen bulbs which, yes, are easy to replace where only the bulb needs to be pulled and replaced. Many, many of the Cadenza's purchased came with the HID self aligning headlights in which (as best my research and knowledge supports) you MUST remove the bumper, etc to access the light assembly to then access the HID bulb for replacement. Fortunately, they have a super long life so many of us owners have not had to do that yet. Personally, I have a 2014 with almost 100k miles so I'm expecting this to come up soon. A few have purposely wanted to upgrade their HID's and did so before the end of life of the original bulbs.

Reactions: joegr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh OK. To be fair, I'm obviously not the only one who isn't specifying which bulbs they're starting with, because I had no idea there was a difference and I've read a few posts and watched a few videos. Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didn't have to do anything to the car as far as dropping the bumper or moving any part under the hood. Once I saw for myself where the low beams were located and how easy it was to access them, I pretty much knew I'd be able to do it this way. And I have big fat boy hands but it still wasn't that bad. Dust covers off, old lights twisted off, new lights twisted on, done! The little diagnostic plug bracket scraped up my hand a bit, but that's better than doing it any other way in my book! I bought Lasfit LEDs by the way, no affiliation I promise, just putting it out there since they are specially designed to fit the Hyundai/Kia bulb holder. Went right in without a hitch and they fit nice and tight.
How are the new LED bulbs as far as brightness goes, the old Halogen bulbs really don't shine that bright , the high beams do but not the low beams , were they expensive? Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How are the new LED bulbs as far as brightness goes, the old Halogen bulbs really don't shine that bright , the high beams do but not the low beams , were they expensive? Thanks for sharing
The Lasfit bulbs are rated at 3000 lumen each which is supposed to be 3x brighter than OEM halogens but I honestly don't see it. I think it's just a little brighter at close and mid range but cuts off sooner for long distance brightness. Reflective objects like street signs are a lot more noticeable, perhaps because of the way LED works or just because of the 6000K color temperature. Lastfits come at a premium, while they might not be any better than the $40-$60 Amazon bulbs, for $99, not having to deal with the pain of using an adapter was worth it for me.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'm glad you had an easy time with YOUR type of headlights. You never qualified your post with which year and or type of headlight system you have. From reading your post, you obviously have standard halogen bulbs which, yes, are easy to replace where only the bulb needs to be pulled and replaced. Many, many of the Cadenza's purchased came with the HID self aligning headlights in which (as best my research and knowledge supports) you MUST remove the bumper, etc to access the light assembly to then access the HID bulb for replacement. Fortunately, they have a super long life so many of us owners have not had to do that yet. Personally, I have a 2014 with almost 100k miles so I'm expecting this to come up soon. A few have purposely wanted to upgrade their HID's and did so before the end of life of the original bulbs.
As an FYI if you do change your HID bulbs, you do not need to drop the bumper. I wrote the below thread up to help anyone trying to change thier HID bulbs - they key is understaning the bulb retaining mechanism and how to get it off in order to get the D1S bulb out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts