Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 K7 model and I do not have a Car Play and I cannot play the video clips and I searched a lot in the past three years without finding a solution. I went to the agent in my city and asked me to go to another city 1200 km away to upgrade the system. Please I want the solution. I want to update or fully program and convert The regime, like any other country, does not care about maps, even if the update is for another country

·
Registered
237 Posts
Since 2017 started a new model year, those cars are slightly different than mine (a 2014). But, I can tell you that much research has gone into trying to see if a simple software update would bring Apple Car Play or Android Auto to the existing system like the newer cars have and I can tell you that the answer is a resounding NO! Since that is the case with the 2014-2016 models I assume that also would be the case with the 2017-2019 models as well. Maybe someone with a 2017-2019 that has looked into this can speak up.

Also, as I understand it, you can not simply pull out your old head unit and put in a newer one from a junk yard car or something. As I've read on here somewhere, someone tried it and it will not work. You may get new functions from software updates (discussed below) but not entirely new abilities like Car Play in a unit that's never had it to start with. It just doesn't have that ability to work when it wasn't originally designed to.

As far as new maps go, you should be able to easily get new map software with updated map software from Kia's website. In fact, I just did this myself about 5 months ago. First time my maps have been updated since new in 2014. The new map software also added a couple new functions to my entertainment system that I did not have before which was a nice improvement.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't have a 2017 (I have 2015), but the 2017s are advertised as having Apple Car Play and Android Auto. This matches with Genesis, so I believe it to be true.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Oh, well maybe it's a global (vs US) car production thing. Not sure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oh, well maybe it's a global (vs US) car production thing. Not sure.
Yes, that is very possible. I have seen complaints from Genesis owner's in the middle east that they don't have CP or AA when cars of the same year do in the US.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts