Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I Have the 2014 Cadenza SXL and I shipped it to Bahrain in the middle east. I thought I could just go to the local KIA dealer and buy the Middle East SD card, pop it in, and it would work. Although I did get the SD card, it isn't recognized. I checked the contents of both the US and Middle East SD cards and they both contain the same file types in the same places, however the names and quantities are different. When I go to the settings on the NAV screen and tap on GPS info the globe shows the United States but the GPS coordinates are those of my actual location. Is there any way to get this to work?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Was your original map a VG or was it a VG-MTS?
The two are not interchangeable, has to be the same as head unit.
Just an idea, not sure if it makes a difference in countries.
Did you try calling KIA they may help, or tell you your wasting
your time.
I know the Canadian maps do not work in our USA head units

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is the VG_MTS, I'm not sure what the local software is. The head unit is the same one and even the interface is the same. I also found out that several KIA vehicles are recieving the Android Auto update including the 2014 Soul. The Soul has a different HU but I wonder if the Cadenza will get it too, cause that would solve my problem as well.

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Wow, I just got back from Bahrain, I might have been able to help! Probably not. Also stopped by Kuwait and say a taxi K7 and a regular one.

I'd try asking Kia to confirm compatability. It may be the map you got from Bahrain is not the MTS version (and Bahrain may not have a MTS version available). MapnSoft may be able to answer as well if Kia can't answer.

I'm interested in an answer as well, trying to get assigned to Korea next and want to take the Cadenza with me.

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Mine is the VG_MTS, I'm not sure what the local software is. The head unit is the same one and even the interface is the same. I also found out that several KIA vehicles are recieving the Android Auto update including the 2014 Soul. The Soul has a different HU but I wonder if the Cadenza will get it too, cause that would solve my problem as well.

Noah - did you get this figured out? I was doing some research on Kia Nav systems, and ran across something on another Kia forum where they said they had to get the "Region" changed in the software. I also remembered at some point I saw how to enter the developer mode for the Cadenza - but can't find it for the life of me. I remember it involved tapping the Nav screen in a certain place for a certain amount of times. But, I can't remember where I saw that.

Anyway, maybe ask the dealer if they can look at a Regional setting they can change with their equipment?

Good luck

- Cory

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Korea

Yooshaw
Where in korea are you trying for? I was in Osan years ago

Noah - did you get this figured out? I was doing some research on Kia Nav systems, and ran across something on another Kia forum where they said they had to get the "Region" changed in the software. I also remembered at some point I saw how to enter the developer mode for the Cadenza - but can't find it for the life of me. I remember it involved tapping the Nav screen in a certain place for a certain amount of times. But, I can't remember where I saw that.

Anyway, maybe ask the dealer if they can look at a Regional setting they can change with their equipment?

Good luck

- Cory

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.