Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
After coming from Acura where the key number was clearly labeled on the back of the key fob, I didn't know which key was for which driver.

So, after I found out, I decided to post it here to show you how!

Above are pictures of the keys

Press the silver button, in order to release the key

Here is a closeup of the inside of the key, where at the end of the serial number, you will see a 1 or 2, this specific key is for driver 1

Here is the removal of the second key

You can see it says 2 at the end, for driver 2

I found it confusing at first, but figured it out, so...here you are!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Good to know. However usually car's key goes with bunch of other crap...which is very personal to you :) ...I never confuse mine with my wife...even we have a lot in common :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yup, they control the seats, mirrors, steering wheel, and radio/climate. control.

lol, i didnt get a chance to attach them to my house keys, etc. b.c this was when i first got the car, 5 days ago. I wanted driver one as it was adjusted to my position, and i couldn't figure out which key was which.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Did I miss something, are the remotes matched to the seat memory? My Jeep has this - when you unlock with the remote, it will automatically adjust the seats to the corresponding seat memory position. Does the Cadenza have this and I missed how to enable it?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did I miss something, are the remotes matched to the seat memory? My Jeep has this - when you unlock with the remote, it will automatically adjust the seats to the corresponding seat memory position. Does the Cadenza have this and I missed how to enable it?
It does, in the cadenza, it moves the steering wheal, if you have a fully loaded, seats, and mirrors.

It should be enabled by default. you need to save the position by pressing mem and then the corresponding key number on the driver door.

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
i'm gonna play the devils advocate on this... i know it sounds legit but i dont think it works that way... nowhere in our training has KIA even hinted about this.

now i can say, that the Optima, Sorento and Cadenza with memory seats will automatically go back to the far back position on seat and the K7 specifically will raise the steering wheel and adjust the mirrors to the LAST driving position.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last driving position? I thought it was with whichever key opened the car? Thats how it was on my Acura.

I did find a one and a two there, though, so that would explain which key is which. Ill have to use key two tomorrow and see.

I wouldnt be surprised if you werent trained though, the salesman didnt even know what auto hold was...He though it would turn on the parking brake when you put the car in park and disengage in drive and reverse...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
many cars HAVE that but KIA doesn't on any model... in fact my moms old Denali Yukon has it
Dam, you're right!!! It's not that big of a deal for me tho.

I spelled dam like that cause i dont want it to be ****

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
ha ha... ya... i have a 19 year old kid who works here as a salesman... i was doing walk around training on the 14 Forte with Tech with all the staff and he SWORE up and down it had that feature, i had to show him wrong. Then the Cadenza came in and sure enough, had to do it again.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ha ha... ya... i have a 19 year old kid who works here as a salesman... i was doing walk around training on the 14 Forte with Tech with all the staff and he SWORE up and down it had that feature, i had to show him wrong. Then the Cadenza came in and sure enough, had to do it again.
Wow lol, I should have made a bet with the salesman, if I know more about the car than him, He buys it for me, if not, I buy it from him!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Both of my keys have 49K 2 on them. I would think this would be documented in the manual if it were true.

BTW, my name is Steve and I migrated here after seeing no one on the Kia-Forum Cadenza section really participating.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Both of my keys have 49K 2 on them. I would think this would be documented in the manual if it were true.

BTW, my name is Steve and I migrated here after seeing no one on the Kia-Forum Cadenza section really participating.
Ha! Me too!! What part of NoVa are you from?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thats strange... maybe dealer switched the key? make sure both physical keys unlock the car by taking the cover next to the driver door handle off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Owner of a 2016 cadenza here with the luxury plus package on the premium trim. I find it annoying that the kia doesn't automatically adjust the settings based on which key is used to unlock the car.

my 2004 buick lesabre did this...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts