Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently purchased the ADD W1 V2 Baffled Oil Catch Can. I took it to my mechanic and he advised not to install it due to the PCV valve location being in the back of the engine. Because of this longer tubes are required which can cause vacuum leaks he said..

I'm sure other Cadenza owner's have it installed as well and wanted to see if anyone in this forum had the oil catch can installed on their Cadenza? And instructions or pictures will help a lot.

Thanks in advance

Amman

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm not sure why a longer tube would cause vacuum leak? I think he doesn't want to install it because of what a PIA it is to get to the PCV valve. Another guy posted 2 threads below you, Kdavis with video of the replacement for PCV, very comprehensive, other thread shows the spark plug replacement. I'd say sit back and watch his videos and see if you can pull any ideas about location for the can. But again, 2 foot, 3 foot, 4 foot...I just don't see that causing any oddity in pressure, and if quality products and installed correctly, no vacuum leaks should occur.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn't waste your money on a catch can. If you think your intake valves are carboned up, take it to a shop. They can pop off your intake manifold and put a scope down there to see if the intake valves have carbon on the backside. If it's carboned up enough (like Mini's are notorious for), then schedule a walnut blasting for about $300 at a local shop. You can probably do it every 50k miles and solve your problem for relatively low funds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever figure out how to install it? I used MadMax's reference to KDavis thread and YouTube video on the pcv to find out how to do it. I ran the hose to pcv to my Mishimoto catch can IN port at the top and at the top of my engine and the OUT port on the side of the can, around the back of the engine.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts