Kia Cadenza Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I noticed that with my Hankooks as well. They were inflated properly, and yet they developed flat spots between the time I would get to work, and leave in the evening.

There are several reviews on the tires stating just that online as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you also are having the same issues. I'm not sure if the quality of these tires are up to other brands that I have had in the past. I have Goodyear tires on my 2015 Grand Cherokee and never had flat spots even after several days.

·
Registered
796 Posts
What do you guys mean by flat spots? Maybe I'm just thinking in extremes but when I hear flat spots I'm thinking that when you start rolling there is a mild "thud" where that part hits the road again, not just the part on the road where there is pressure from the weight.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I looked into some of the tires you guys posted and I'm really not up for spending $900 on new tires + shipping + mounting/balancing. I'll stick with my Hankooks, they've done me well so far.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Agree on the price but if it solves my vibration issue then well worth it. Every time I drive it is very aggravating and disappointing

·
Registered
26 Posts
I looked into some of the tires you guys posted and I'm really not up for spending $900 on new tires + shipping + mounting/balancing. I'll stick with my Hankooks, they've done me well so far.

I agree with this post but just in case I DID want to treat my self to some NEW tires, what replacements to the hankooks have other Cadenza owners had good experiences with? If anyone cares to share, that is. and what sort of costs did they run you?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well after a lot of research I have it down to three tires. Trying not to have budget as priority #1 is hard. I want a tire that will give the best comfort reduced noise and decent life. I don't drive this vehicle hard so the "sport" aspect of the tire is not needed. I will be purchasing the Michelin Premier A/S in two weeks when I return from my two week Army annual training. I will follow up with the results. I never had tires that were problematic in my life so....

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think Scynthyace said Bridgestone POTENZA RE97AS currently. I believe he rides 19s though. I looked at them for 18s and the reviews are good, just expensive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well after 4 new tires (pirelli cinturato p7) and an alignment my steering wheel still has a slight vibration in it. It also feels like the front suspension has a little excessive bounce to it like when you see that old car on the highway and see the wheel just vibrate up and down excessively.

This is very weird. I watched them pull off every tire and balance them on the road force machine and all were within 2lbs of each other between 10-12lbs. the claim no wobble was identified.

I now question the suspension as if something didnt come loose. Its a used car bought it with 14,7XX miles on it, never know what the previous owner did. I did find a bend wheel but after getting it fixed I couldnt tell you which wheel it is now.

This has me going crazy. I can notice it at all speeds and its rhythmic feeling so its not the suspension just reacting to the road conditions cause I feel the rhythmic vibration on all types of surfaces and at all speeds

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
the bad part is if I could confirm it was the wheels versus something else I would replace them ASAP but now I cant even identify which wheel was the bad one. All visual marks are gone, nothing shows up on the balancer. I would be a hot or miss on that change

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Sorry to keep posting my issues but I hope someone can benefit from it.

UPDATE- so I took my front wheels off to take another inspection of the ball joint, sway bar, stabilizer bar, etc. and I couldn't find anything that jumped out but while I was under the car I sprayed some white lithium grease on all the joints/rubber bushings on the sway bar and it made a huge difference in feel. It definitely smoothed out A LOT of the excessive bounce feeling I was complaining about.

I will go back and check my grease fittings and make sure they are topped off. I question if the excessive bouncing feeling was due to lack of movement from certain components?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to keep posting my issues but I hope someone can benefit from it.

UPDATE- so I took my front wheels off to take another inspection of the ball joint, sway bar, stabilizer bar, etc. and I couldn't find anything that jumped out but while I was under the car I sprayed some white lithium grease on all the joints/rubber bushings on the sway bar and it made a huge difference in feel. It definitely smoothed out A LOT of the excessive bounce feeling I was complaining about.

I will go back and check my grease fittings and make sure they are topped off. I question if the excessive bouncing feeling was due to lack of movement from certain components?
I purchased my car used and my dumb fault for not taking car on highway before purchase (drove at highway speeds on side roads).

While traveling on a freshly paved road on the highway my steering wheel as a vibration. I can visibly see the passenger headrest vibrate back and forth at speeds from 50-80 mph

I understand on non smooth roads this is okay but on freshly paved roads I feel this vibration.

When I take the car into the dealership the don't drive it on the freshly paved roads and only feel the vibration of the road I expect them to feel anything other than smooth.

I had all four tires replaced, balanced and an alignment. Everything supposedly checks out.

It feels like the tire has lump in it or the shock/strut is fluttering.

All I know is that it does not feel smooth on the highway. Holding onto the steering wheel aggravates me now. Not sure if it has something to do with electronic steering?

SO I ask, how smooth is your steering wheel at speeds of 50-80 mph when you are on freshly paved asphalt?
Did you found the problem? My cadenza does the same thing the passenger seat vibrates at higway speed. All tire are balanced and i can’t find the problem

21 - 40 of 40 Posts