Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
videos on changing cadenza badges

there are plenty of videos on changing the badges, optima and cadenza are changed the same way.
No you don't take anything apart. You use fish line or dental floss to saw around under the badges, than they come off. They are on with double face tape.
google replacing badges on kia cadenza easier to watch than for me to explain
Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Badge replacement help needed!

I did the dental floss, hair dryer thing, the floss made it all around the badge, BUT, it felt like there were posts of some kind under the middle of the badge,
Is the the case? If so, are they secured with nuts on the back? I'd hate to pry off and snap the posts or worse...
Anyone have a Kia manual that might show how these are attached? Hood and trunk...??

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
just posts to line up badges

They are just posts used to line up the badges at the factory. there are no clips or nuts on the back. loosen badge with the dental floss and then pull the badges off or use a putty knife to put under and pry a little. nothing to break. put some electrical tape on putty knife blade so you don't scratch anything.
there are two posts near each end

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I did the dental floss, hair dryer thing, the floss made it all around the badge, BUT, it felt like there were posts of some kind under the middle of the badge,
Is the the case? If so, are they secured with nuts on the back? I'd hate to pry off and snap the posts or worse...
Anyone have a Kia manual that might show how these are attached? Hood and trunk...??
As Gene said, there are two posts about 1" in from the left and right side, on dead center vertically. You have to "work around" these two posts to get to start lifting the emblem. You really only need it loose enough to get a finger in there and pull it off. Otherwise, the floss doesn't have to do ALL the work...

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are 2 posts in the middle of the badge. Work the floss from the top and from the bottom to the middle.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yeah, I just did this the other day. 2 posts, lot of tape, you just gotta be patient or you'll mess up the paint. Trunk was easier because it's metal, so no flex, bumper cover moves a little as you're pulling up on the badge...took about 15 minutes each to remove carefully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts