Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think this is either new package for Cadenza or exclusive thing for K7.
Look at this K7 video at 3:09 the same buttons with parking assist... But different plastic quality ...BTW K7 has much more options than Cadenza ...like drive mode, all around cameras, rear seat armrest controls...

2013 Kia K7 | Interior - YouTube

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andrei!

You're a genius! You are correct twice! 1. WTF...and... 2. Why in the H3cK couldn't Kia Motors do it (this car) right the second time around?!?!?!? The original K7 was very, very, very nice. So what made them think they were making it better by calling it a lesser name like "Cadenza", which many people are criticizing, taking half the good $hit off, and then then trying to hawk it off to us stoopid Americans? ("stoopid Americans" said in jest, but that must've been what they thought) What caught my attention is the ventilation controls for the right passenger seat. That is what prompted me to say "Hmmmmm...." to myself. (Actually I said "WTF", exactly as Andrei did.) Did one of their engineers say "I have a great idea on how to save $37.00 and they won't even notice it!"? Oh, and by the way, many people are criticizing this decision (omission of right seat cooling) as well. I just sure hope like the dickens that they do it right somewhere down the road and offer some of that stuff that's already been engineered and manufactured and just need to be stuck on the car like it should have been to start with. (maybe on the fantasy SXL, Beez?) Why was it such a great idea to leave of the right seat cooling. I know I keep harping on this, but it really defies understanding when other Kia U.S. models offer it. Cheaper models to boot. I am fully willing to pay a few grand more to avoid getting a car that purports to be "premium", but falls short in some very inane ways. Why did they do this to such an otherwise awesome vehicle? Anyway, Andrei, you did your homework and I thank you for that. Now can you just give Irvine a call?

(soapbox over)

John

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've noticed all this before, the LED's in the head lights, center controls in the back seat seats and all the other nice things. In Korea the K7 is referred to as an Gentlemen's car. More like we use Towncars here. To be driven in and not to drive.

Guy

PS, I stopped looking because I like their car much more then my car.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PS, I stopped looking because I like their car much more then my car.
ROFL....common, Guy, be a man....lol

You're right, though, it does take a strong stomach to suffer the ripoff we've been subjected to. I'm waiting for my SXL, it'll have all the good stuff (not).

John

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Andrei,

Yes, I really knew it all along...I just wanted to see if anyone noticed what I noticed with the passenger seat controls. I'm really not as bummed out as my hyperbole suggests. I do, however, think that we in the U.S were somewhat ripped off. There are some things we should have got here. I do realize that there are economic, marketing, and business decisions to be made whenever a new model is released. Kia generally does an outstanding job, and they will manifest big respect in the industry (and hopefully among enthusiasts) eventually. It's a long road, just as it was with Honda, Nissan, et al. It's hard to remember back when Honda was ridiculed. But they were.

In any event, We can be pi$$y and have a little fun, too, right?

Seriously, you did do some deep fishing to get all of the good info that you came up with.

You're a good guy!

Cheers,

John

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
You guys are forgetting a few major factors IMO. 1) These are Korean cars and as a proud manufacturer, naturally they might get a few more options in their home country. 2) In Korea, they don't have 3, 4, 5 different models and several different packages within those models. They have 1 with a handful of options to boot. This is because here in the US we are a very marketing driven society while at the same time buyers push for better price points and more options. So, naturally, this spurs supply and demand and they have a vehicle available for every price point. 3) Just wait til the K9 arrives here in the US. I will PROMISE you right now that I will be one of the first to own one. I will be sure to share!!! ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree with you about our society :)
However they have self parking options on European Optima's as well. So why not give US already existing options...I understand ....marketing....
Anyway I'm waiting for Quoris too

1 - 19 of 19 Posts