Hi Colton, welcome to the forum

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome Adamjoe!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome new guys. I hope you enjoy your stay. It's kinda quiet here, but we're friendly.

As far as mods, I haven't done any to mine. I almost bought a strut tower brace, as I've heard it sharpens up the handling, but haven't yet. One of these days...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I’ve done a few things recently, and i’ll do a quick review one of these days. I’m possibly (small chance) thinking of doing a lower engine rebuild to lower the CR and then supercharge it, but, like I said, that’s a very small chance. I’ve added quite a bit of weight in terms of sound proofing, so the acceleration has gone down a touch.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My interior sound has been sufficient. It's no bank vault, but no tin can either.
What mods have you already done?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would love more power via either supercharger or a turbo but there are absolutely no after market options, I've searched! Any add on forced induction would have to be a custom job and that equals far too much money for this car. Plus it's FWD and adding another 100 or so HP and the torque that comes with that would likely be too much. You would have to be careful how you applied the power. I think this car would be an idea platform for AWD and at least another 100 or more HP. I doubt Kia will ever see it that way even though they already have all of the equipment and programming available via other vehicles that have those things.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My interior sound has been sufficient. It's no bank vault, but no tin can either.
What mods have you already done?
I done a lot of custom fabrication with the headlights, lots of stuff on the interior, etc. I’m planning on doing a write up soon.

I would love more power via either supercharger or a turbo but there are absolutely no after market options, I've searched! Any add on forced induction would have to be a custom job and that equals far too much money for this car. Plus it's FWD and adding another 100 or so HP and the torque that comes with that would likely be too much. You would have to be careful how you applied the power. I think this car would be an idea platform for AWD and at least another 100 or more HP. I doubt Kia will ever see it that way even though they already have all of the equipment and programming available via other vehicles that have those things.
Superchargers and turbos are always bolt on if you’re willing to do some fabrication. The only problem with our engine is the high CR, it’s 10.5 or 11 I think from the top of my head. Gasoline engines begin to knock badly above around 12 or 13 if you don’t plan to run E85 or other special fuel. If I were to supercharge it, I would first have to bring the compression ratio down to at least 9, if not lower, I would use a centrifugal supercharger, that way the low end would be around the same (no significant increase in wheel spin or torque steer) but would have a large increase in power at the top end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts