Kia Cadenza Forum banner

Help with Pricing

17K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  K5 Optima Store 
#1 ·
Hi,

First and foremost, sorry for the noob question(s), but I have been waiting till the end of the year, in order to strike a good deal on a 2014 Cadenza, so that I can afford one :) (Otherwise, I was stuck in Optima territory, nothing against it, but I have a Hyundai Sonata, and want to have a true upgrade, not just a change of cars).

Anyways, I am reaching out, because I do not know what is sensible to pay for the Cadenza Premium, and also whether it is worth it to shell the money for the Limited.

Finally, I do not know whether the packages (tech) are worth it either. I went on truecar, and it shows 31k for the premium and 34 for the limited (both 2014). I have seen that people in the last couple of months people have got deals for 27-30k. In any event, I have really struggled to find the differences in the packages listed anywhere.

I would be glad to go tech package on a premium... considering I live in NJ, what would be a sensible price to pay? And finally, does anyone have a dealership to recommend? :)

Thank you for all the help beforehand!!

See less See more
#2 ·
I dont know what your price range is, but I looked at a couple in NJ.
I looked at a couple out in that area and found this one which is a limited for 28k with 3k fully loaded.Cars for Sale: 2014 Kia Cadenza in Burlington, MA 01803: Sedan Details - 382255848 - AutoTrader.com.
or I saw if you don't care about all the extras i found this other one pretty cheap with same 3k miles:Cars for Sale: 2014 Kia Cadenza Premium in GORHAM, NH 03581: Sedan Details - 384633230 - AutoTrader.com
Although i would just say I have seen a basic model sell near me for 21k and the limited see for 27 but it wasn't certified. So depends on your price range.

#3 ·
I was really thinking new, only so that I could get the best type of financing and all the incentives. That is in part why the demos would have worked perfectly. Although I always wonder why someone sells a vehicle with 3k miles...

That said, 28k or 30 OTD is where I would love to be, but is that feasible?

#4 · (Edited)
I think you're in the right ballpark for a great deal, stick to your gut and you'll find a dealer willing to work with those numbers. Note that there is a huge difference between the base premium and premium with lux, do not get the base, minimum you should get lux pak...tech pack is just a few nice addons to get you a little closer to limited. I went with lux and couldn't be happier. I don't need the other features, and to be honest I don't like the LED fogs on the limited. It was about the only deal breaker for me. I think the special water repelling glass and wheels on the limited are really sweet, but when I found a used premium with lux for $26k I went for it.

Finding these used isn't that easy, there's about 3 still in my local area, one a limited that I made a lowball offer on 3 months ago that they wouldn't touch, and it's still sitting on the lot with 12k miles and the wrong price...they were asking $34k now down to $33k...but it's not even certified, plus it was a loaner. They would be stupid not to drop that one below $29k before the end of the year...

#6 ·
Dude, that's a base model for $30k. Note the console, two analog dials, one for Tac, other for speed. You want to see the LCD in the middle for the Speedo and only the Tac is an analog dial. That will tell you right away it has the Lux package minimum. Also on the center console, no rear window shade button, and I can't tell, but I bet there is no heated steering or cooled seats.

Those base models with 10,000 miles on them are going for under $21k and they don't sell. It's a rental/fleet vehicle, not what you want!

#10 ·
MSRP for premium is like $35k with Lux is something like $39,000, add Tech $41k, Limited $43k if I recall. Typically you'll see about 4-5k less on the sticker at the dealer after incentives and "aggressive" pricing. So that's really the high end of where you want to start. A new premium with Lux starting at 31k is a fine starting place. Just know that getting them lower will be harder then if you found the same starting around $35k.

#11 ·
Gad,
I just got the 2014 Cadenza SXL trim. White / Grey Interior very nice.
I was driving a 2012 Lexus LS460 AWD ( leased but $90k ).

Got this deal at $29k.

But I have to stay do not get the premium, get the SXL model. You will be happy you did.

Upgrades are more then worth it. Compared to the Lexus and over $60k less, this car is a no brainer.

However, a few points. This car does not have front sensors :(
Nor does it have full Rear power windows.

Other than that I love the total over look and drive of this.

#12 ·
Hey 2014-CAD-SXL,

Thank you very much for your input!
May I ask where you are located? That is an outstanding price. And would love the SXL, but here in NJ, they are asking ridiculous prices, so it is just not worth it / possible (as far as I know).

White is also my color of choice, well done!!

#13 ·
New 2014

I just got my 2014 Cadenza (Premium) yesterday. The sticker price is over $36K and I paid $25,160 - so very pleased. Just 35 miles on it. Apparently there is a company with multiple dealerships here in the Twin Cities (Hyundai, Buick, etc) that had a Kia dealership but sold it back to Kia (not sure why) but they have remaining inventory to get rid of. The only options I have are minimal (cargo net, wheel locks, etc) so it's far from top of the line but a very good value. There are a few similar vehicles left.

#14 ·
Wow,

Alofarabia, that is also a great deal. Please PM me the dealer and the salesperson (if you do not mind), I will gladly get in touch with them. That will be under 27 OTD and shipped! Even the base one has nav, pwr everything etc...

2014-CAD-SXL please PM me too the details :)

#18 ·
New 2014 Cadenza for $25K

Here is a link to the remaining 2014 Cadenza for $25,160 (same color as mine). It shows used but only has 74 miles (maybe they have to do that since it isn't a Kia dealership). Anyway, as I said in my previous post, Morries had multiple dealerships here in the Twin Cities and recently sold their Kia dealership back to Kia and are now getting rid of current stock. It seems like they spread the Kia inventory among their other dealerships so each only has one at most. They wouldn't move on the $25,160 price but gave e $1300 more for my trade (2006 Infiniti M35) than another dealer I was talking to). Today would be a great day to buy a car since they want to take credit this year. Good luck.

Cars for Sale: 2014 Kia Cadenza Premium in Minnetonka, MN 55305: Sedan Details - 364712547 - AutoTrader.com

#15 ·
I bought a 2015 Limited (Black with Gray Napa) in November. Stickered at 44,800. Including the $1000 Competitive Bonus, I paid $39,200. The 2015 includes surround view cameras, blind spot detection, cross traffic warning, and the very much needed 8 way power passenger seat which allows it to raise up so my wife can see over the dash. I love it!

#16 ·
Hey Ratso,

Those are awesome upgrades on the 15'. However, I do not know that I can get as great a deal in the 15' as I would on the 14'. Still, it sounds like you love the car and that is the most important thing... Do you mind letting me know what State you are in? It helps to put that in perspective.

#17 ·
Here is a link to the remaining 2014 Cadenza for $25,160 (same color as mine). It shows used but only has 74 miles (maybe they have to do that since it isn't a Kia dealership). Anyway, as I said in my previous post, Morries had multiple dealerships here in the Twin Cities and recently sold their Kia dealership back to Kia and are now getting rid of current stock. It seems like they spread the Kia inventory among their other dealerships so each only has one at most. They wouldn't move on the $25,160 price but gave e $1300 more for my trade (2006 Infiniti M35) than another dealer I was talking to). Today would be a great day to buy a car since they want to take credit this year. Good luck.

Cars for Sale: 2014 Kia Cadenza Premium in Minnetonka, MN 55305: Sedan Details - 364712547 - AutoTrader.com

#19 ·
Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about getting 1 in your state. It may be worthwhile to check out prices for cars farther out (1 state maybe) to compare. If you can find a car farther out for several grand cheaper it will more than make up the time you'd have to drive out there (either with a friend/spouse) or any possible rental you'd drive there. Also, check to see if your insurance carrier has a bonus for car buying, my insurance works with several dealers in my state and surrounding state to give an extra discount (depends on car, dealer, year, etc...). Also, I have a 14 Premium with tech and couldn't be happier. I would take a good look at what you'd miss and see if it's really worth the extra price. The only thing I really wanted that I am missing is LED fogs ($50 plus install time) and the hydrophobic front glass and windshield. I don't care about the crosstraffic, lane monitoring, adaptive cruise or the rims that come with the Limited's 19" wheels. I think those are the only things my car is missing compared to the Limited and I hate the way the Limited wheels look compared to mine. I would look at these few features and see if the extra money you would pay for the Limited would be worth the price. To me it wasn't, to you it may be. Also, if it was manufactured before October '13 you will be missing the passenger cooled seat, check to see if it is there if that is important to you! I believe the Limited also had that problem but heard somewhere Kia is fixing that for Limited owners for free, but I would also check that. Hope this helps.

#20 ·
Same Here, I feel like those extra "Safety Features" are just asking for problems with something going wrong then It will be in the shop. Although when i had a technician fly out to fix my roof he said they can fix the cooled passenger seat if it was made before oct '13 like you said.

#23 ·
Hey sz399,

I was supposed to contact 2014-CAD-SXL but had some family issues, and getting back into looking now, not sure that the deals are there anymore. That said, if you look a page before into this thread, you will see that he got a limited for 29k. Also, Alofarabia got a premium for 25k.

I think you are overpaying, and should consider getting the car shipped to you (if the logistics of your operation allow for it).

In my searches, I have seen that if you do not mind going for a 2014, there is a 3500 cash back on it... (to account for depreciation). Look at this one in IL... (may be far from you, but def worth going to see...)

2014 Kia Cadenza Premium, $24,998 - Cars.com

I am getting back into the market now, and looking to pull the trigger either for the 2014 Cadenza or a 2014 Genesis (whichever I can get a better deal on), although I would rather go with the Cadenza.

#25 ·
in april, my 36 month lease on a 2012 Optima SX is over. as much as i would like to try and wait until the '16 Optima SXL is out, money is tight so i am thinking i could get a much better deal on a '15.

while looking around, though, i have seen some really good prices on the '14 Cadenza Limited. although i think the lease will still be too high [residual probably very low on the '14] i would love to get in to a loaded Cadenza. i am in NYC so any deals you can share would be greatly appreciated. i have excellent credit and my current lease is through KMF.

another question - other than the improved passenger seat adjustment in the '15 Credenza [all Optimas still have that terrible, low passenger seat] what are the differences between the '14 & '15 Credenza Limiteds? i have tried to find it online and can't find a good comparison.

thanks in advance for you advice!

#30 ·
I believe that with the '15 there is also a surround view cam system and back seat center armrest power connection.

#26 ·
Hey nyc sx,
I am right across from the Lincoln Tunnel, so I have to warn you that you will need to get out of the immediate tri-state area in order to score a good deal. Here, even for a Premium, you are going to be looking at 30k.

As for the differences, some are noted earlier in the thread, and (as you accurately point out) they include the driver seat, as well as the back-up camera improvement.

#33 ·
thanks, GaD. i have contacted a few dealers out of the area and waiting to see. since they are not getting back to me, at least not quickly, with numbers, i think i may be going too low. unfortunately, the residual on the '14 isn't very good, so we'll see. i'll keep you posted and thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.