Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I complained to my dealer that my 15 cadenza had very old map data. He had the service department contact me. They gave me an SD card that is just like mine but with the newer map data. ? Anyway, u can't UPDATE from this card. Can someone possibly send me the files that do the updating from a map update u have done. My guess is it doesn't matter how old the map data was I just need the files that do the updating. Hope that makes sense. Any help MUCH APPRECIATED

-MARK

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just as a heads up. I had my dealer order the new SD card .... and it arrived empty, no data on it at all. They reordered and the next one was OK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the regular as card that comes with a car (not an ordered update) will update a car if it's placed in a car that has data older than it contains?

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Follow the directions and the map sd card will update the maps. If not take the map card back to the dealer and have them enter the code for the update
the files for the update are already in your head unit
go to setup and select update, then insert the new sd card

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's what I thought but the car wont update. ill look and see if there are any files on it. good to know though that I shouldn't need any additional update files.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I just looked at both as cards and both have map data only. When I attempt to update from the update screen it says there is "no updating file found on disk". So it is indeed looking for some type of update program or driver or something.

Both ad cards have just one folder called maps. If there is another file or folder outside of maps, that is what I'm needing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correction. The newer as card has a file in the root directory called install.nfo and contains the text: BXDKNNG. Is this some type of activation key that doesn't like my cars device ID? Dumb service guys prolly just went and plucked it off of a brand new car.

Any more advice??

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
other cars sd will not work in yours

Once the card is used in a car, my understanding is it will not work in another car. Unless a special code is put in. The dealer can get the code from tech support, it is not a number code, it is a series of keys to press on the buttons.
How do I know that? I ordered a card last year, didn't work in my car after they were given my vin# to get the sd. I called support and they told me what keys to press in an order then it updated.
Try calling support and see if they will run you through the steps to update.
Correction. The newer as card has a file in the root directory called install.nfo and contains the text: BXDKNNG. Is this some type of activation key that doesn't like my cars device ID? Dumb service guys prolly just went and plucked it off of a brand new car.

Any more advice??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts