Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I need to find a part replacement part for my 2014 Cadenza 3.3 liter V-6 engine. Looks like I had a rodent chew off a bunch of foam from the piece I need to replace and I can't seem to find what it's called or a part number.

The foam piece is a dark gray color and goes over a rounded metal piece that has two steel pipes coming out of it which sits on the top of the engine towards the center. The part it covers looks like it might be something to do with the gas direct injection but I'm not sure. I've attached a couple pictures of the foam part and what it covers.

Any help at all is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Respectfully,

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can you get a picture a lil further back, might help to figure out location lol Maybe I can pull it off mine and get part number.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Not sure what the silver unit is called, but it does appear to be some sort of high pressure fuel sensor or cut off. Appears the piece you want is insulation to protect it from heat. ( just my guess)
A kia parts department can tell you what it is just fro those pictures, even if you don't buy it from them. Let us know what you find out, and what it is called.
To bad they stopped the free kia tech info or we could look it up for you

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I've never looked under my engine cover but I will be here shortly.

That to me looks as if it might be the High Pressure Fuel Pump. That Foam cover is actually to insulate noise as they can be very loud. Now that it's off, does it feel as if the engine sounds are louder?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts