Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cadenza Luxury Package.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my Cadenza (early built Cadenza Luxury Package with over 68,000 miles) for almost two years (it has been in my family since new in 2013), and ever since I inherited it, my heated seats for the passenger seats stopped working. Despite that, only the driver side heated/cooled seat works. It has probably been like that for a few years before I owned it. I checked both fuses and they were both fine. Any suggestions of what it could be?

·
Registered
289 Posts
More detail would be helpful. Do both rear seats heat settings work? Does the passenger seat switch light up for both heat and or cool settings? Do the seat movement switches work correctly for that seat?

If the fuse for the heat portion of that seat is good, it's possible a plug came undone somewhere along the way...most likely from the seat itself since it moves any time someone gets in it and moves it.

·
Registered
2014 Cadenza Luxury Package.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More detail would be helpful. Do both rear seats heat settings work? Does the passenger seat switch light up for both heat and or cool settings? Do the seat movement switches work correctly for that seat?

If the fuse for the heat portion of that seat is good, it's possible a plug came undone somewhere along the way...most likely from the seat itself since it moves any time someone gets in it and moves it.
Both heat settings light up for all of the seats. And the power seat for both front seats moves. Everything works normal for the passenger seats minus the actual heat. Same thing goes for the backseat.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If the switch lights up appropriately then it seems more to point to a disconnected wire leading to the seat itself. I would look under and all around the seat for the wiring harness(es) and make sure there are no plugs that don't have a mate plugged into them.

Reactions: billyroku
1 - 4 of 4 Posts