Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace my fin antenna on my 2015 Cadenza (with panoramic moonroof). I dropped the rear dome light, but there is not enough room to maneuver to get to the nut holding it on. I thought if the headliner could be dropped a bit, i might bet to the nut. any instructions how to lower the back part of the headliner? Im also worried about the airbags too.... couldn't find any cadenza specific instructional videos on youtube/google.. suggestions?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I remember a thread about this, but the complaint was they had to pay the dealership to drop the headliner to fix the fin. So I don't recall seeing any details on the procedure, just confirming for you that you do need to drop all or part of the headliner. As far as the airbags, if you disconnect the battery when you start, that's a good rule of thumb when you are working around sensors and bags...

·
Registered
144 Posts
It’s a pain in the butt. there are four clips that are above the drivers head, along the front of the front sunroof. (this is after removing all lights, handles, and visible clips.) then there is velcro on each lateral side of each sunroof. there are four clips going across the center beam, and four more along the rear of the roof. These are all a paint to get out, but some time, swearing, and a screwdriver, you can pop them out and barely evacuate it out the rear door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The sunroof on my 2016 is rattling like crazy. I've brought it to the dealer 3 times now, and the first 2 times they've tried to convince me that they "fixed" it by greasing up the seals. Now on the third trip to the dealer I went on a ride with the mechanic and showed him how obvious the noise is upon every bump and turn the car makes. Its pretty apparent that the screws holding the frame to the sunroof to the roof are loose, which will of course require dropping the headliner entirely to get to them to tighten. Now that the mechanic has heard it and knows what I am talking about, he agrees that this is the issue.

My dilemma:

The dealer just quoted me over $1,000 to do this, as he says that the clips will all need to be replaced in order to properly secure the headliner back on. $200 in parts for the clips, screws, whatever, and 6 hours of labor (at $135/hr).

Im half tempted to try this myself, but I am worried that if those clips do need to be replaced, I'll wind up in more of a screwed situation then I started. What I don't want is for something to go wrong, I cannot get the liner back on properly, and then wind up having to bring it into the dealership and then them try to say I messed it up worse and now they need to charge me double that or something.

Does anyone have any experience with this that may be able to offer some advice??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to replace my fin antenna on my 2015 Cadenza (with panoramic moonroof). I dropped the rear dome light, but there is not enough room to maneuver to get to the nut holding it on. I thought if the headliner could be dropped a bit, i might bet to the nut. any instructions how to lower the back part of the headliner? Im also worried about the airbags too.... couldn't find any cadenza specific instructional videos on youtube/google.. suggestions?
Hi
I replaced my 2015 Cadenza fin antenna, after you disconnect the battery, I removed the rear dome light, then you reach in & pull the connecting wire down from the antenna, then with a 3/4" wrench was able to slowly & painfully remove the nut holding on the antenna. There isn't much room for your hand to work in there, be patient and you can get it off.
I didn't want to pay dealer price for a new antenna when I only needed the cover that they don't sell. I searched ebay & no luck, but I noticed all the other parts available for 2015 cadenza. I called the yards and asked if they would pull the antenna from the car if they still had it. I got one for $50 +$10 shipping and tax.
PS: The part # 96210 3R650EB, the EB I think is for ebony black, if your car has the panoramic roof the part is the same for a 2015 & 2016. Get the antenna from a car that has the panoramic roof. When I got the replacement part I took off the fin, cleaned it up & used Gorilla Glue to help keep it on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts