Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia dealer has sale on Hankook tires for my Cadenza SXL - "buy 3 get one free".

Ventus V12 EVO2 -- 4 tires for $615 (also includes added HK rebate)

Optimo H426 -- 4 tires for $697

Prices include mounting, balancing, taxes, etc

What do you think? Any opinion on these tires -- for touring, all-weather, etc.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Terrible tire dont waste your money.I changed those tires a week after I purchased a brand new 2016 Cadenza. Gene is right there is always tires on sale . The 19 inch tires on the tech version are not all that plentiful You might have to change the width as I did.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Why do people hate the stock tires so much? As someone who has only every had OEM tires on all vehicles I don't understand it. They are just fine for me, but then again they are what was on the car the whole time and how I learned the driving dynamics of this particular vehicle and the limitations on it. When I do need to replace them sure I'll go with something better like Continentals but these are just fine for now and I don't see a reason to spend $500-$600+ on a new set of tires when I buy the car. Is there really THAT much of a difference to those of you who got different tires for the car? I've never had any slipping issues, excess road noise, even winter handling in snow is just fine as long as you drive like you're going through snow (which seems hard for a lot of people who drive in my state).

·
Registered
343 Posts
Why do people hate the stock tires so much? As someone who has only every had OEM tires on all vehicles I don't understand it. They are just fine for me, but then again they are what was on the car the whole time and how I learned the driving dynamics of this particular vehicle and the limitations on it. When I do need to replace them sure I'll go with something better like Continentals but these are just fine for now and I don't see a reason to spend $500-$600+ on a new set of tires when I buy the car. Is there really THAT much of a difference to those of you who got different tires for the car? I've never had any slipping issues, excess road noise, even winter handling in snow is just fine as long as you drive like you're going through snow (which seems hard for a lot of people who drive in my state).

My opinion is that in winter conditions without hills they are probably as good as any other tire without the snowflake or mountain icon embedded into the tire wall. Add some hills like in Vancouver and you will be stuck on the hill or worse slipping all the way down. In rain which it seems this year we get every day my experience with OEM Hankook were not all that favorable with poor road handling .Finally, the noise factor is significantly reduced with any other quality tire. This year Kia must have heard from its constituency as their new Cadenza OEM are Michelin I think that sends a very loud message just on its own.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'll admit it's not super mountainous here so I can see where that could affect your decision. Like I said, when I need to change them out I'll get something I know is nicer and then I'll be able to see for myself :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not trying to revive an old thread but there is absolutely no way I would ever consider Hankook tires for even my go-cart! They are absolute junk! The one and only possibility is if you live where it doesn't rain and certainly no snow whatsoever. Dry pavement they are just ok. Rain, hold on for dear life and snow...might as well have racing slicks.

Reactions: joegr
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.