Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow K7 enthusiasts. "Newish" 2 year member first time posting pics of my car. I am originally from the Caribbean island of Trinidad(residing in the North East), so my color accents are that of my home countries flag.

This is my 2014 Cadenza Premium

Recently did 5% tints on windows, and limo tint on rear. With the addition of the sunshade almost no blinding light gets in
Sitting on 20" Axe EX30 wrapped in Achilles ATR's
StopTech brake kit with Drilled and Cross-Slotted rotors
"K" engrave MGP Red Caliper Covers
"K" badging and red "Turbo" grille piece(haven't put on yet) from K5 Optima Store (of course)

I hope everyone likes what I have done so far. I have a few more mods/appearance upgrades I plan on doing this summer. I have seen some really nice K7's on here. Glad to be able to add to the site.

I hope everyone likes the pics, and that you and your families are all safe and healthy in this crazy time we are fighting through. I have more pics on my IG page please feel free to message me if you like to follow me and in turn follow your page as well. Thank you all for your time

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
Not many posts on here now days, was a time we had 8-10 new posts a day.
People have stopped buying a great car.
Even though there are not many active members, there is a wealth of information on here
you can still search and lookup.
Hope you enjoy the Cadenza as much as I did

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not many posts on here now days, was a time we had 8-10 new posts a day.
People have stopped buying a great car.
Even though there are not many active members, there is a wealth of information on here
you can still search and lookup.
Hope you enjoy the Cadenza as much as I did
Perusing through the site, I've seen exactly what you mentioned. It's truly unfortunate, because like you, I agree, it's a really great car. I see you're onto the Genesis, those are well designed and a joy to drive. I may end up in that line in the near future. In the meantime though, I'm going to take advantage of the wealth of information I'm seeing here. Thank you be safe, be healthy, and enjoy your weekend.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome Cadenza'dTrini. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Cadenza - it's looking sharp!
I really like the exclusivity of the Cadenza. I don't like driving a car that I see everywhere. I like to be different.
Genesis is getting pretty well known now, so they're getting too common for my tastes, and you end up paying a premium for the Genesis name.

I like the Cadenza precisely because it doesn't have a premium name, but has premium features.

Before buying mine, I did look at the Hyundai Azera as well as the Genesis G80. I had read that the Azera didn't drive quite as sporty as the Cadenza, and the G80 prices were a fair bit higher, so for driving feel and price the Cadenza made the most sense for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Cadenza'dTrini. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Cadenza - it's looking sharp!
I really like the exclusivity of the Cadenza. I don't like driving a car that I see everywhere. I like to be different.
Genesis is getting pretty well known now, so they're getting too common for my tastes, and you end up paying a premium for the Genesis name.

I like the Cadenza precisely because it doesn't have a premium name, but has premium features.

Before buying mine, I did look at the Hyundai Azera as well as the Genesis G80. I had read that the Azera didn't drive quite as sporty as the Cadenza, and the G80 prices were a fair bit higher, so for driving feel and price the Cadenza made the most sense for me.
Thank you kindly KD. I hope all is well with you. I had an Azera for a test weekend, it was nothing like the Cadenza, I had the g80 sport and that was pretty awesome as well. I ended up with the Cadenza for the precise reasons you listed above. The features that come with this car, when you put it up against similarly appointed luxury lines, it was really a no-brainer the price point was glaring. I see myself in the Genesis Suv (should everything go well with it's launch) but I will still keep this Cadenza. Between my Suzuki and winter beater I only put about 200 miles a week on it. So it will definitely be with me for the long haul. Thanks again for the hospitality, info, and compliment.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You're welcome! That GV80 does look pretty sharp. I saw it at this year's Atlanta Auto Show. I still lean toward the Telluride for my SUV tastes. But I still prefer sedans over SUVs for now. Maybe someday...

I've had my Cadenza for almost two years, but I'm still eyeing a K900 (I had looked at one before buying my Cadenza). Maybe in a year or two I'll make the jump. I like the Stinger too, but it's nowhere near as rare as the Cadenza & K900, so I'm torn. I like the Stinger sportiness, but also like the luxury of the K900. The Cadenza is a nice blend of the two.

Maybe Kia will bring that twin-turbo 3.3 with AWD to the Cadenza someday.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Reactions: Kia-Driver

·
Registered
93 Posts
The only other thing I'd like is bigger side bolsters on the seats. The Stinger seats have huge bolsters and look like they support well.
My Cadenza side bolsters feel like they're just there for decoration - little to no support when driving spiritedly. I have to either prop my left arm on the door armrest, or grab the shifter for support.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts