Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My tale goes back to late December when I backed out of my carport and sliced off my passenger side mirror., Picking up the pieces I went to my Kia DCealwership where the duct tape it back together and low and behold the mirror all be it cracked and the turning light broken worked in every other way. Once I got to the office I called my insurance company and was given the authorization to have Kia order me a new Mirror costing about 1500 all in. Kia ordered me the mirror and it came in about 5 weeks later. I dropped off the car and the had it back the next day.So far so good.I paid my $300 deductible even though I swore on a stack of bibles it was the walls fault. They gave me a brand new Optima which I might add I enjoyed driving quite a bit. The next day I picked up my car and as I was driving home noticed two issues. Firstly the body shop painted the mirror the wrong shade of white. Secondly, the black trim was left off. Called Kia ( this was a Saturday ) and they said to drop the car off on Monday before work and we will redo the work. Tuesday I picked up the car and it was covered in snow. By the time I got home the mirror's color was perfect except they left off the black trim around the mirror although they did paint the base black. The Service manager called me back and said they had fired the body shop and let his employees know that this was unacceptable. My car goes back in tomorrow and they are refunding my deductible which I thought was pretty decent of them.I think Kia Vancouver did a good job. Yes mistakes happen and they are not perfect but overall I am happy to get back my deductible

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This is my third Kia and their service just continues to get better and they obviously have trained their service personnel to be customer centric vs Kia centric. On more than one occurrence, with regard to warranty issues, their approach is that warranty is our problem, not yours-we deal with Kia and solve the problem. Mind you I have never had a blown motor such has been recently exposed on this site nor can I imagine ever having one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.