Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently disconnected my battery for about 20 minutes, while cleaning out my throttle body, when i reconnected i had to reset sat. station channels, no issue ther but then I noticed the gps was picking up the wrong time and I had to turn gps time off to set the correct time ,and also my sound and HD radio icons were not hihlighted on the lcd disply , so I couldn't adjust tone or balance, I rest the uvo unit but that didn't help, does anyone have any suggestions.
Thnak you

·
Registered
222 Posts
Manual says to see the AVN (Radio/Navigation) separate manual to reset instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Are you in a garage? Try leaving the car on outdoors for a bit to get a good GPS lock. The time that GPS satellites sends to the car is GMT time only. The unit detrmines the correct time zone by using GPS to map the correct time zone and apply the time zone offset to the GPS provided time.

If you are 4 hours off, I bet you are on the east coast, which with daylight savings, is -4 from GMT right now.

If you haven't done a road trip yet that crosses time zones, the car will automatically adjust when you cross time zones. Saw it a couple of times now, really cool to see.

For the HD Radio - the default has them turned off. Go into settings to turn on HD radio (forget the exact menu).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Same with the HD function of the FM band. Is off by default and have to go into the menus to turn it on.

Same with many other functions too now that I think about it. The surround sound, how many times your turn signal flashes when doing the lane change function, etc., etc.

Reactions: BrooklynCKIA

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Manual says to see the AVN (Radio/Navigation) separate manual to reset instructions.
Thanks Big O I managed to get everything working again, I had drive a little to pick up the satellite signal, I am still off by 4 hours and I think its because I'm not on GMT time I will check next time

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you in a garage? Try leaving the car on outdoors for a bit to get a good GPS lock. The time that GPS satellites sends to the car is GMT time only. The unit detrmines the correct time zone by using GPS to map the correct time zone and apply the time zone offset to the GPS provided time.

If you are 4 hours off, I bet you are on the east coast, which with daylight savings, is -4 from GMT right now.

If you haven't done a road trip yet that crosses time zones, the car will automatically adjust when you cross time zones. Saw it a couple of times now, really cool to see.

For the HD Radio - the default has them turned off. Go into settings to turn on HD radio (forget the exact menu).
Yes on East coast I got it all working again, I had to move to a different location, thanks alot for advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts