Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the original "spare tire" with a full size one? I am interested in the 2015 Cadenza Limited and when I saw one at the Orlando FL auto show the OEM spare appeared to be a compact spare (not a doughnut). The well in the trunk appeared to be big enough to hold a full size spare. So I was wondering if anyone has made that swap. Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nope. The OEM wheels cost a fortune here and the OEM tires are like 300. Not worth it to me. Had one pop and the spare did great to get it to a shop. Haven't felt the need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ragg, thanks for your reply.
I was thinking of a steel wheel and full size tire, but not the OEM tire . Will cut the cost and be much more functional then either a compact fill-size spare or a donut spare. Just wondering if a full size wheel and tire will fit in the wheel well in the trunk; it looked as though it could, but was wondering if anyone had actually done it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had mine in there when my tire popped, but I didn't have any air in the tire. Don't remember how much clearance it had.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got a piece of metal in the rear side-wall last week. The Hankook OEM tire was not easy to get. Tried several places and only the dealer could get one (one-day PDC order). The 18" was $175, plus installation.

Tire dealers quoted 3 week back-order from Hankook warehouse. Note: there are many Hankook Optimo models in the same size; you need the model# in addition to the tire size to get the same one as on the car.:eek:

The spare worked, but needed to limit speed to under 50mph.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just replaced my compact spare with a full size one. This car was made for a full size spare. It fits perfectly under the trunk floor and the jack caddy was actually made to fit inside of it, as well as inside a compact spare.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Oh wow, could've sworn someone before said that the full size tire wouldn't fit back there, good to know though, thanks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think my 2016 has a full size spare but to be honest I never looked .I drive almost exclusively in the city and BCAA ( AAA) reacts very quickly ( within an hr when snow is not the issue) for roadside emergencies .As an aside I am more inclined to use BCAA than the Kia Roadside in Vancouver only because of the negative comments on this and other Kia Forums on Kia's service)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts