Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I like the feature of the mileage left per tank of gas. Have any of you tried to drop the range to almost empty? I was traveling home from a trip and my range was around 70 miles left on my tank, as I was getting ready to get gas. Eventually (I think somewhere after 60 miles) the mileage range amount went to two dashed lines. Is this the normal feature? I know the normal thing would just be to keep gas in the car, but going from 60 miles left to not knowing is a small concern. I look forward to your replies. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I intentionally ran my tank low recently to see how the system would notify me and locate the nearest gas stations. The low gas message didn't pop up until I dropped below 50 miles remaining and I think it went down to 45 when I actually filled it up. That was driving on faith for me. I rarely let the needle get near 1/4.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've done about ~50 KM when it showed me ---, I was a bit worried it would stop on me since I saw a guy the same day stopped first at the traffic light opening his gas cap.

I've switched off and ignited the car 3 times when it was on the dashes. So my guess would be that the reader is not that accurate on the low fuel therefore it switches off after dropping under 48 km.

but I also noticed when I bought the car new, when filling up the tank I used to get around 650 KM but now 460... not sure if the car is calculating my driving or not, but looks like it does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kia done this to force us go to the nearest gas station, I had 2013 Koup before and it was same when it reach 50km it shows ---, ur GPS won't ask you if you need the nearest gas station till it shows on the dashboard low gas no matter how far your car can get u.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've done about ~50 KM when it showed me ---, I was a bit worried it would stop on me since I saw a guy the same day stopped first at the traffic light opening his gas cap.

I've switched off and ignited the car 3 times when it was on the dashes. So my guess would be that the reader is not that accurate on the low fuel therefore it switches off after dropping under 48 km.

but I also noticed when I bought the car new, when filling up the tank I used to get around 650 KM but now 460... not sure if the car is calculating my driving or not, but looks like it does.
I think it does track your driving. When I took possession of my car it had a range of 400mi on it. After driving it for a bit it went down, at one point to almost 350mi a tank. I have slowly been getting it back up, it was 402mi a tank for a few weeks and last fuel up was at 409. I track my mileage (as much as I can) on Fuelly and averaging around 23-24mi/gal with a lot of stop and go traffic, even on the highway (my state is retarded and the people can't drive for anything). My mileage should be higher when the construction and everything is done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
At 30 miles left in your tank those lines will pop up. The reasoning is to leave a buffer so you don't think you have exactly 30 miles left depending on your driving. Most likely for liability reasons.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have went quite a long ways when the dashes are lit up, and when I went to fill up to full it only says that it put in 16.7-17 gallons of fuel. Pretty sure our gas tank can hold 18.5 gallons of fuel, so you should be fine travelling with the dashes on for quite a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts