1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
838 Posts
That's my car in the first pic :). Can't say I've noticed any improvements, but I don't drive "spirited" at all. I got it more for a safety aspect to provide better emergency handling if needed.

Agree, would have been nice if it they had designed them to hit all three bolts. No idea on a rear sway bar (have not seen one offered). I'd be interested though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1. You can find a nice 3-hole front strut bar, made for Cadenza on ebay. Go to:
Luxon Bonnet Tower Strut Bar Strengthen Kit For KIA CADENZA K7 2012 2016.
2. Also, ebay has a rear sway bar for 2014-16 Cadenza, selling by J.Craft.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Was interested in the front strut tower bar, has anyone installed one, and besides dressing up the under hood, does it perform well? In that, was there any noticeable drivability improvement?

I noted it only bolts on 2 spots for each side, I've always seen strut bars hit all 3 bolts on the tower.

Last, do they make a rear swaybar for the Candenza?

https://www.k5optimastore.com/collections/kia-cadenza-products/products/kia-cadenza-ultra-racing-performance-front-strut-tower-bar
MadMax,

A strut tower bar will definitely help! It can help cut down on highway wandering and ties the two struts together cutting down on body roll when turning therefore increasing the cars responsiveness. As for comparing a 2 point to a 3 point FSTB there isnt a large difference, the two spots that UR uses (or any 2 point FSTB) are two key points that need to be secured. If you're set on a 3-point bar we do carry and sell the Luxon strut bar mentioned above but does cost a little more.

As for a rear sway bar UR does not make one for the Cadenza unfortunately :(

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't see pictures of the other one, the 3 point connections. I will say the bar of that one with the 2 bolt points appears to be quite solid, well forged/welded to make a solid piece...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I didn't see pictures of the other one, the 3 point connections. I will say the bar of that one with the 2 bolt points appears to be quite solid, well forged/welded to make a solid piece...
They are very well made and across the whole KDM platform all of their products have been well spoken for

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First off, gotta shout out to K5 store, top notch getting this stuff out so quickly. Placed order on Friday, on my front door Tuesday morning...did I mention that was through the black Friday weekend ta boot?

Second, strut bar went in relatively smooth, had to relocate the connection module for the diagnostics...wire was real short, right now it's just tie strapped to the nearest wire bundle. Other than that, Only complaint was that the bar code sticker could have come off easier, took longer to remove that with googone then it did to install the bar. I will say, it's not a "Night vs Day" difference driving with the bar installed, but it is noticeable with nearly everything I do. Just getting out of the gutter on the driveway felt so much tighter. A few turns here and there, nothing break neck speed to see if it's thoroughly improved performance, but again the difference with it in is noteworthy. Even seems to have quieted or eliminated some frontend noise when going over bumps...at 40,000 miles, so I figured we're going to hear a few noises here and there, but it feels and sounds like I just picked it up brand new. Can't wait to push this around some full circle interchanges..

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have installed the Front Strut Tower Bar as well. I agree with MadMax, not "Night and Day" difference but it MAY have cut down on a little bit of the wandering on the highway.

Also, I thought I read someplace that the Cadenza has a rear Anti-Roll and Sway Bar?? I'm too lazy to go out and look.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have installed the Front Strut Tower Bar as well. I agree with MadMax, not "Night and Day" difference but it MAY have cut down on a little bit of the wandering on the highway.

Also, I thought I read someplace that the Cadenza has a rear Anti-Roll and Sway Bar?? I'm too lazy to go out and look.
That's a good question, none of our manufacturers make one for the Cadenza that I know of

First off, gotta shout out to K5 store, top notch getting this stuff out so quickly. Placed order on Friday, on my front door Tuesday morning...did I mention that was through the black Friday weekend ta boot?

Second, strut bar went in relatively smooth, had to relocate the connection module for the diagnostics...wire was real short, right now it's just tie strapped to the nearest wire bundle. Other than that, Only complaint was that the bar code sticker could have come off easier, took longer to remove that with googone then it did to install the bar. I will say, it's not a "Night vs Day" difference driving with the bar installed, but it is noticeable with nearly everything I do. Just getting out of the gutter on the driveway felt so much tighter. A few turns here and there, nothing break neck speed to see if it's thoroughly improved performance, but again the difference with it in is noteworthy. Even seems to have quieted or eliminated some frontend noise when going over bumps...at 40,000 miles, so I figured we're going to hear a few noises here and there, but it feels and sounds like I just picked it up brand new. Can't wait to push this around some full circle interchanges..
Thanks for the review! We've been busting our butts getting orders shipped out so I'm glad yours arrived in a speedy fashion.

See how it feels around some turns or around some circle interchanges like you mentioned

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to take back what I said about "not really night vs day", the car really does perform much better, noticeably on the freeway, and the cornering is so much more stable. Car still pitches in a hard turn, but the front wheels stick flatter to the road, I hit a full circle interchange that normally the fastest I'd take it was about 55 coasting, little to no additional throttle, with a little bit of the loose tire noise; this weekend I hit it well above 60 (62-64 through most of it), and instead of holding off the throttle, I just kept it solid pedal...very aggressive, and it just felt like a different car completely.

And not a sound out of the tires...my wife and son however cussed me out the rest of the way home...

·
Registered
796 Posts
Due to society it's verbal disrespect fit nicely into neat little single word slur :p But I know not everyone is the same.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm going to take back what I said about "not really night vs day", the car really does perform much better, noticeably on the freeway, and the cornering is so much more stable. Car still pitches in a hard turn, but the front wheels stick flatter to the road, I hit a full circle interchange that normally the fastest I'd take it was about 55 coasting, little to no additional throttle, with a little bit of the loose tire noise; this weekend I hit it well above 60 (62-64 through most of it), and instead of holding off the throttle, I just kept it solid pedal...very aggressive, and it just felt like a different car completely.

And not a sound out of the tires...my wife and son however cussed me out the rest of the way home...
If I cussed out my dad I would get a swift backhand...
He knows when and where he can and can't cuss...and exactly what is a cuss word anyway? It's just a word.
Due to society it's verbal disrespect fit nicely into neat little single word slur :p But I know not everyone is the same.
You guys crack me up! lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so this original post has been in my mind for the last year.
So after 12 months of SXL Limited ownership I purchased a strut tower bar and I can honestly say IT IS VERY MUCH WORTH IT!
The car has noticeably twist in the front end, this ties it up and provides a noticeable improvement in creeking on twist from driveway to road and overall handling in corners.
Having owned bars for a dozen cars, most are just for looks but this works!
Please get one and you’ll notice immediately this car desperately needed one.

·
Registered
796 Posts
El Chapo got ANOTHER phone in prison to get on the internet with!? Quick, look for hidden meanings in his post, contact the feds!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do they make one for the 2017 model? I agree the car def needs a bit tightening ok the front end. Thanks in advance

1 - 19 of 19 Posts