Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being active on here for a while, I have finally purchased! :D

I am the official owner of a 2014 CPO Aurora Black with luxury package (passenger cooled seat included!). Vehicle was picked up with exactly 6000 miles for $25,800.

Drove it home 200 miles to Chicago from Indianapolis and it rides like a dream.

Three things that I'd appreciate feedback on:

- There is a device on the windshield behind the rear view mirror that I hadn't seen before. I'll upload pictures ...but do you guys have that on your cars?
- Windows are all tinted, but some of the tint is scratched. I'll be taking it in to get re tinted - especially since Chicago has strict tinting laws.
- During the paperwork with the F&I guy, he offered me an extended warranty that was called the "platinum" warranty. At first I thought this was a dealer gimmick, but after looking into it, it looks like it's a Kia offer. Protection Plans from Powertrain to Platinum | Kia CPO
It seems to me like new Kias have a 12 month 12K mile platinum coverage. The offer was for an additional 7 years and 100K miles. (I may have those numbers off).

Anyone that has purchased a CPO - did you add on any additional warranty? The more I think about it, the more I think it would be a wise investment.

Hope to see you guys out on the roads!

·
Registered
151 Posts
The device on the windshield is the sensor for the automatic wipers. On a recent trip I had a chance to test the function of the automatic wipers and they worked very well.

I purchased a 2014 CPO. I did opt for an extended warranty that gives me bumper to bumper coverage to 100K. I spent $1800 for this but I figured that with all the automation and the hourly rate for Technicians these days, it was a safe bet. I do keep my cars for a long time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
dang729, what was the build date on your Cadenza. The date is locxated on a tag in the driver's door jamb.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The date on the door is 4/14; however, the cpo warranty I received from the dealer has the date that the car was first sold as 9/6/14.

I agree with extending the warranty because I plan on keeping the car a long time.

I'm halfway through the owners manual and also plan on rebadging with the K logo badges.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That device also houses the auto defrost.
My Manual says Auto Defogging "If Equipped". Page 4-129 of my digital owners manual shows an annunciator if Auto Defogging is in operation. I don't believe my car has this annunciator. Do you have this annunciator, Yooshaw? it is not listed as a Tech Package item.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen anything light up or announce it, not sure it has ever turned on actually. I'd have to look more closely at the manual on what happens when it's in operation.
I'm thinking you have to have the LED DRL's on for it to work! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What color is your interior? Yours looks exactly like mine, I absolutely love it! Congrats!
It's the black napa leather interior. Love the black on black look.

I woke up this morning to a foggy Chicago...and condensation in the passenger side fog light.

I'll be contacting the dealer for them to check the seal on the lights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts