Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded the factory door and center channel speakers in my 2015. There's nothing wrong with them, I just wanted better sound. If you're interested, hit me up and let me know.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What did you replace them with? Did you do the rear doors? Any change to the sub in the rear deck?

·
Registered
116 Posts
What did you replace them with? Did you do the rear doors? Any change to the sub in the rear deck?
Seconded. What did you not like about factory? I don’t think it’s half bad, it seems to fill up the space rather nicely with good sound. I added an aftermarket sub but other than that I’m content.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been really disappointed with the stereo sound. It's like the subwoofer is non existent. My 2006 Honda Accord's factory system blows the Kia's infinity system away. What type of sub did you add and about how much was it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seconded. What did you not like about factory? I don’t think it’s half bad, it seems to fill up the space rather nicely with good sound. I added an aftermarket sub but other than that I’m content.
Don't get me wrong, the factory system is definitely above average for factory. The sub, while present, lacks the bottom end that you can feel. The door speakers just lack depth. The are clear, but don't give you full details in music. I did this same thing in my 06 Azera and the upgrade was amazing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been really disappointed with the stereo sound. It's like the subwoofer is non existent. My 2006 Honda Accord's factory system blows the Kia's infinity system away. What type of sub did you add and about how much was it?
I'm not replacing the factory sub, just adding to it with a 10" NVX 500 watt sub and 500 watt Cerwin Vega amp to push it. Both items came to about $200 through Sonic electronic.com.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I replaced all 4 door speakers with Infinity Reference Series 6.5" 2-ways and a 4" (same line) for the center channel. I'm leaving the factory sub and adding a NVX 10" 500 watt sub pushed by a 500 watt Cerwin Vega amp.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've replaced my rear door speakers cause one was blown. It took a little while to do. Did you do the sub/amp yourself?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd like to know if you plan on doing the center channel yourself!?!? That seems daunting to me. I can do most projects but that just seems like a lot of work and I worry it might creek and make sounds once I put it back in. I'd absolutely HATE that! Especially knowing I caused it! LOL

My personal taste is to set the bass to 9 and that makes the sub come somewhat alive for most music. The problem is it also makes the door speakers emphasize the mid bass far too much on other music (80-120hz range) and that is no fun either. Then there is my overall dissatisfaction that the system as a whole does not get loud enough while still sounding good. About 30 is as far as I can go without the built in equalization taking over and changing the entire sound output to something akin to a tim can. The addition of a sub is fairly easy and will definitely help with the low end. There will still be the problem for overall loudness past 30 that can not be controlled without dumping a lot of money into the project...which I don't want to do.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've replaced my rear door speakers cause one was blown. It took a little while to do. Did you do the sub/amp yourself?
Replacing the door speakers was actually pretty easy. I just had to cut a baffle using 1/2" mdf. I have built the sub box, I still have to run the wiring and install the line level converter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd like to know if you plan on doing the center channel yourself!?!? That seems daunting to me. I can do most projects but that just seems like a lot of work and I worry it might creek and make sounds once I put it back in. I'd absolutely HATE that! Especially knowing I caused it! LOL

My personal taste is to set the bass to 9 and that makes the sub come somewhat alive for most music. The problem is it also makes the door speakers emphasize the mid bass far too much on other music (80-120hz range) and that is no fun either. Then there is my overall dissatisfaction that the system as a whole does not get loud enough while still sounding good. About 30 is as far as I can go without the built in equalization taking over and changing the entire sound output to something akin to a tim can. The addition of a sub is fairly easy and will definitely help with the low end. There will still be the problem for overall loudness past 30 that can not be controlled without dumping a lot of money into the project...which I don't want to do.

Believe it or not, the center channel speaker is easier than the doors, just take your time popping the grille off. I found it easier to start at the corner closest to the steering wheel and work my way over. You might need a small piece of metal strap as the 4" doesn't quite reach the mounting holes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts