Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Cadenza and I want to replace my factory radio with an aftermarket radio. Does anybody know how to remove the the factory radio and where can I get a double din wiring harness dash kit from?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Several posts on this and more audio upgrades...do a search my friend

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did and I couldn't fine anything but would please point me in the right direction....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2019 Cadenza and I want to replace my factory radio with an aftermarket radio. Does anybody know how to remove the the factory radio and where can I get a double din wiring harness dash kit from?
I've got a 2015 and currently, there is no dash kit or wiring harness. All o have been able to do is swap out the speakers and add an aftermarket amp and sub.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Crutchfield, the god of car stereo replacement, doesn't recommend replacing the head unit. They don't even suggest one, just speakers and amps.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I wouldn't change out the head unit, there is too much that relies on the head unit... for example your steering wheel controls, door chimes, rear view camera, climate controls, etc...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would look for an AudioControl LCi8 or similar processor. The signal frequencies are split several ways, definitely sub bass drivers in front doors, mids and tweeters in dash, big sub in back, something like 17 speakers throughout the car. Its going to be a bit more complicated than getting a signal from the rear deck speakers and running through a basic line output convertor. As an audio guy the harmon/kardon is pretty good from the factory, and way too complicated to try to replace for less than $2-4k. Everyone has their budget, but I think you would need to replace everything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Actually, 2017K7GT...it's not that complicated. There is only 10 speakers in the car and the factory amp is a 5.1 channel amp. I was able to use a basic line level converter connected to the wires running to the sub with no problem. The only issue is...bass roll off. I will need to upgrade the line level converter to something like an Audio Control LOC2. Other than that, swapping out the door speakers and the center channel and adding the sub...it's sounds amazing. No distortion and so much more depth and clarity than the factory system. You're right in saying that the factory system is pretty good, but it can be better.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What speakers did you go with? Did you do the install yourself? I don't think I can handle all the door and dash removal requirements myself. What about the door tweeter replacements? Does that portion come off with the door panel and what did you replace them with?

I had mentioned the factory programmed bass roll off as a potential problem in another thread and I don't know how to get rid of that without an expensive solution.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What speakers did you go with? Did you do the install yourself? I don't think I can handle all the door and dash removal requirements myself. What about the door tweeter replacements? Does that portion come off with the door panel and what did you replace them with?

I had mentioned the factory programmed bass roll off as a potential problem in another thread and I don't know how to get rid of that without an expensive solution.
I went with the Infinity Reference line of speakers. The tweeters are a 3/4" tweeter, but I didn't replace those. Just upgrading the door and center channel speakers made a world of difference. I can turn the volume up completely and there's no distortion at all. I finally got my amp and sub in...Massive Audio GTX102 (700 watts rms) with a Kicker 800 watts x 1 @ 1 ohms amp pushing it in a sealed box just over 1 cu. ft.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts