Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is an old thread but, my 2014 cadenza started shaking after 3 years old and had about 15K miles on it. The advisor told me all engines like this do it and not to worry about, it still shakes for about 15 seconds on cold starts, later on in the day it starts smoothly. I learned to live with it.. As far as the noise goes, they replaced my timing chain tensioner around 10K mikes, There is an TSB on this , and it should still be covered under the 10 year warranty... So no more noise .

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had that TSB done, version 4 I think, and the noise was right there again right after I got the car back so who knows. That was at about 35,000 miles. I now have 92,000 and all is the same, it runs perfect as the day I got it.

Reactions: BrooklynCKIA

·
Registered
133 Posts
The rattling noise is quite common. Mine goes away after changing the oil, then gradually comes back as the oil thins. Mine usually only does it for 5 seconds after startup, then goes away.

The shaking might be helped by running a can of sea foam through the engine. I haven't had shaking on my Cadenza, but my Sedona (same motor, lower power) will occasionally get a rough idle and I can feel it shaking at idle. I run a tank of premium w/ sea foam and it goes away for another 30,000 miles or so.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Cadenza - Snow White Pearl
11 Posts
I had shaking at cold starts and for the first few minutes of driving before. It was at 45k miles. I replaced one of the coil packs because it wouldn’t keep continuity and the shaking went away. The check engine light never came on.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good information, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts