Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Below are the front and rear emblems purchased a little over a year ago. Not trying to give them a bad rep just letting you guys know what to look out for and check your emblems. As you can see the chrome is peeling (front emblem was wayyy worse than the rear) and in some spots the black is peeling off as well. If you see peeling on yours I suggest to replace them ASAP before they look like mine. (I let mine go for a few months before replacing)

·
Registered
151 Posts
So brandontaz2k2, who did you buy these from? Have you shown them to the folks where you bought them? They should replace them. Do you remember th manufacturers name from the packaging?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So brandontaz2k2, who did you buy these from? Have you shown them to the folks where you bought them? They should replace them. Do you remember th manufacturers name from the packaging?
It was from a vendor that is longer in business I am assuming... as they are no longer posting here... and website no longer works... So not even going to bother trying to return them.

·
Registered
796 Posts
There was a hooplah around here for a while between different emblems. I know who you are talking about and glad I didn't get them. I wouldn't mind getting a set for my car except I can't justify that price for some stickers. ****, LED fogs are cheaper somehow.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sucks you went through that. I also went through that with K5 Optima Store emblems. They knew there were some bad batches out there and mine were replaced. I was only out the time to pull the old ones off and put the new ones on.
Send a PM to David at K5OS, he is on here, and see if he can help. K5OS has a lot of good products and they might be able to get you a little discount off the list price. Just sayin'. Worth a try.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sucks you went through that. I also went through that with K5 Optima Store emblems. They knew there were some bad batches out there and mine were replaced. I was only out the time to pull the old ones off and put the new ones on.
Send a PM to David at K5OS, he is on here, and see if he can help. K5OS has a lot of good products and they might be able to get you a little discount off the list price. Just sayin'. Worth a try.
I already purchased a new pair through K5OS and have them installed on my car. I don't feel like it would be right to ask for a discount for something that wasn't their fault. Am happy with the new ones and hope they last longer than the others (one year)

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Hey guys, just seeing this thread now.

This issue has long been addressed with the manufacturer and was not the fault of any individual vendor as we also had this issue with our emblems as well at one point.

These are not low-quality emblems or just cheap in design, there's an actual reason why this happened the way that it did.

You see the way that these emblems are supposed to be manufactured, is with a triple plating design. There was a large batch that was missing the copper plating underneath the chrome.

Therefore after only a few months of them being used, water or humidity would get behind the chrome, and since there was no copper underneath the chrome, it would simply flake right off.

A properly triple plated emblem will not have this issue at all because it has 3 layers of plating on it and cannot flake or chip off like the ones shown in the thread.

This video will explain it in detail and show the differences between a properly plated emblem, and one that is not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H-RlZO6GgA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts