Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) seems to have stopped working, and I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue yet and if it's an easy fix... When I pull the button back to engage the parking break, nothing happens.. no LED indicator, the noise to engage the parking brake is no longer occuring. I found a YouTube video https://youtu.be/PZ6QGzp8do8
I tried what he did, hold the button for longer than usually necessary, and now I have the same flashing LED as him. I really don't want to take my car back to the dealership because I've had horrible experiences with them and I'm hoping it's something easy so I can learn more about my car. Thanks guys

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just an update, had the dealership repair the issue. Turns out to be the switch in the center console went bad somehow (the first picture below of it broken is after the repair, disassembly trying to figure out what went wrong). I took apart the old switch and tried to figure out what went wrong, couldn't find anything that looks bad, I'm thinking the board went bad. My parking brake wouldn't engage but I could still pull back on the switch for 10 seconds and get an error everytime, telling me that the plastic push pins are still pressing the micro switch on the control board. I took some pics to share with you all, I figured some of you might be interested to see what the inside of the switch looks like.

Link to full IMGUR album
https://imgur.com/a/bKBbopM

·
Registered
124 Posts
Awesome post. Somehow I missed this last year. Thank you for sharing! The more public info the better off we all are! Like DS above, I too, would like info on how to get to that board if you have any. I know the dealer did the fix so...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey, I just went through this. My PCB is fine, and yours probably is too. One of the plastic hinges on the parking brake switch broke. The result is that when you pull up on the switch, it pushes down both of the plastic pins at the same time. The board then sets an error condition because it is seeing both the apply switch and the release switch at the same time.

The floor console pops out (you need to pry at the correct six locations. Once it is up, you can see the tabs that hold the switch assembly in, Just press those in as you are pushing up on the assembly. After that, more tabs hold the PCB in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts