Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will try to keep this very simple to better understand.

Bought car in South Korea (via SBT Japan) + Bought a portuguese DVD movie + try to play on my car + Can't Play - Region DVD Code Error = Cannot play any DVD unless its from Korea.

Question: How to bypass this ?

Thx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will try to keep this very simple to better understand.

Bought car in South Korea (via SBT Japan) + Bought a portuguese DVD movie + try to play on my car + Can't Play - Region DVD Code Error = Cannot play any DVD unless its from Korea.

Question: How to bypass this ?

Thx
really ?? nothing?? does anyone unlocked the system to play all kind of DVD regardless the origin country ? :|

·
Registered
843 Posts
Most on here have North American version, and we have no option to play any videos at all.

That said, your best bet is to copy the DVD using a program that can copy it, then write it back to a blank DVD region free. I used to use DVD Shrink, but that was some time ago.

Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Most on here have North American version, and we have no option to play any videos at all.

That said, your best bet is to copy the DVD using a program that can copy it, then write it back to a blank DVD region free. I used to use DVD Shrink, but that was some time ago.

Good luck!
That being true.. since our cars are made like 90 something% in korea.... wonder if there is a way to bypass the lockout from the program installed. Maybe the unit is made in Korea as well.. seeing it can change to korean language settings for the nav and displays fonts in it as well with cellphone language/letter input

·
Registered
843 Posts
That being true.. since our cars are made like 90 something% in korea.... wonder if there is a way to bypass the lockout from the program installed. Maybe the unit is made in Korea as well.. seeing it can change to korean language settings for the nav and displays fonts in it as well with cellphone language/letter input
Am I missing something? Didn't think our cars could even play DVDs? I've never tried, but there is no mention of it in the manual.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
In the Digital navigation system owners manual it does say DVD/RW s will not work, page 2-16, but nothing about DVDs other than that. Haven't tried but maybe mp3/wma and img. files recorded on a dvd might work. Regular DVDs don't work in mine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I dont exactly recall which forum and thread I've seen it on but I saw 2 different ones. The Sorento also cant play dvds either... That is until u mess with its internal device programming(windows CE i believe). What I'm suggesting is, maybe the hardware is capable but the software North America Kia runs on our head unit disables it from reading dvds. =/

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have some experience messing with windows CE based radios, I'd like to dabble in it. Anyone have a tut on how to get into the system?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts