Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how was your weekend?!? mine involved taking my car back home and parking it in my garage so the interior wouldn't get soaked from a thunderstorm we had brewing in my area..

I was driving to a friend's house, had all of the windows down to air out the car (unseasonably hot here late last week into Saturday, in the low 80s)....went to put the windows back up as the air was on, heard a loud pop and then nothing for my rear window....I knew something was going on with it as it was pretty noisy the week before as well...

anyways, my local kia can't get me in until next Monday so here I am with a bag over the window for now. I bought a temporary window kit from autozone that I'll install tomorrow as the bag is annoying as all hell and I'm not sure that it'll hold up much longer with the wind we've been seeing as of late.

I'm hoping that if the window mechanism broke, it'll be covered under warranty...

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sunroof's - yes, first I've heard of any side windows breaking on their own. I hope it's covered as well. Good luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sunroof's - yes, first I've heard of any side windows breaking on their own. I hope it's covered as well. Good luck
I'm thinking it's either the gear or the cable/ribbon that broke. Hopefully if that's the case it's a) covered under warranty and b) the part isn't on backorder.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
Let us know how this turned out, what was the ultimate cause. Also, tell me more about this temp window option...sounds like an interesting short term option, just never seen one. Is it a cut to fit piece of plastic?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let us know how this turned out, what was the ultimate cause. Also, tell me more about this temp window option...sounds like an interesting short term option, just never seen one. Is it a cut to fit piece of plastic?
The cable ended up breaking based on the paperwork I got back when picking up my car. They replaced the entire window regulator under warranty (just made it by like 3 months!) and paid for a rental car through hertz...

I dropped my car off Saturday afternoon as they were calling for rain and I wanted it inside before then. My appointment was scheduled for Monday morning. Early Monday, probably around 830am they called me to tell me they had to order a replacement regulator. I picked the car back up that Friday...not a bad turn around!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts