Kia Cadenza Forum banner

Door sill removal

6K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Scynthyace 
#1 ·
Dont want to keep pulling but is there a proper way to remove the door sill. They usually pull right up held down with some Christmas tree fasteners but I kept pulling any nothing was giving.

The light does not illuminate the door sill any more and I want to investigate

#3 ·
For the front, I pulled it loose by the seat belt, then got a good grip, and gave it a tug straight up. I didn't break any clips, but the metal inserts went flying, so keep an eye out for them.

It does require quite a lot of force to get them off, one of the main reasons I left them and didn't swap them back when I originally traded my car in.

#7 ·
I don't think they are easily replaceable. Believe they are LED, probably SMD soldered to some kind of board.

When I had the sill off the car, you really had to tear into the sill to separate the sill from the light source. Didn't want to chance breaking it, so I left it alone.

#8 ·
There was about was about a dozen tabs that held the thin 8" long piece on that I was guessing was the lighting element. It was a solid piece, did look like there was any way to get into it and replace the light so I guess I will have to live without a light on the door sill. New was $100, no thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.