Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my rear drivers side door handle keeps sticking a bit. It looks like the little rubber liner keeps popping loose and jamming the handle a bit. When it's like that you usually need to pull twice to open.

Anyone experience this before or have a way to fix it? Or does anyone know an easy way to pop the handle off so I could glue it.

Yes, I'm aware the car is dirty, gotta love tree pollen season.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I was more focused on your shoes than the pollen :p Also, no idea on your door handle thing :)

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Just an idea. Go to a dollar store and buy a bottle of clear finger nail polish, you don't want the polish just the brush
clean the brush good with polish remover. Your are going to use the brush to apply a light coat of Loctite universal glue
60 sec. kind. behind the rubber pad the hold or wedge in place for a little bit. Don't use super glue, a shock will loosen super glue
some people don't know that.
You can also get black weather stripping adhesive for that. Takes time for that to cure so be prepared to use something to hold it in place over night.
I think that is the way I'd go. That is the way it is held on anyway

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just an idea. Go to a dollar store and buy a bottle of clear finger nail polish, you don't want the polish just the brush
clean the brush good with polish remover. Your are going to use the brush to apply a light coat of Loctite universal glue
60 sec. kind. behind the rubber pad the hold or wedge in place for a little bit. Don't use super glue, a shock will loosen super glue
some people don't know that.
You can also get black weather stripping adhesive for that. Takes time for that to cure so be prepared to use something to hold it in place over night.
I think that is the way I'd go. That is the way it is held on anyway

Good advice Gene

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey everyone, my rear drivers side door handle keeps sticking a bit. It looks like the little rubber liner keeps popping loose and jamming the handle a bit. When it's like that you usually need to pull twice to open.

Anyone experience this before or have a way to fix it? Or does anyone know an easy way to pop the handle off so I could glue it.

Yes, I'm aware the car is dirty, gotta love tree pollen season.
did you take this by the dealer? definitely something they should fix for you IMO. good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.