Kia Soul - Hyundai Matrix
Kia Rio - Hyundai Accent
Kia Cerato - Hyundai Elantra
Kia Optima - Hyundai Sonata
Kia Cadenza - Hyundai Genesis

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeah, Genesis is much different from the Cadenza in size performance a lux. Cadenza and the Azera are nearly identical except he Cadenza is better. :thumbs:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes; by design and not by sales intent. KIA and Hyundai are both owned by Hyundai Motor Group, South Korea. In the USA they operate under KMA and HMA as competitors not partners. Some product is sourced from the same US factories (KMM-Georgia and HMM-Alabama), but most Korean product comes from separate KIA or the Hyundai plants.

They both share the same US design studio in Irvine CA.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The only real difference with most other car companies is that their different lines don't compete in the same exact space.

Nissan: Everyday cars, standard vehicle
Infiniti: Upscale/Luxury class for more affluent crowd

Toyota: Normal run of the mill cars, very bland
Scion: Lower-end vehicles marketed at younger buyers but with a tad of flair
Lexus: Premium car company, older/more affluent crowd

Honda: The most bland of bland for the average person who likes nothing exciting in their life
Acura: The odd quasi lux/sport cousin offshoot of Honda. Still haven't figured the appeal of these, way overpriced.

Ford: Normal American car for everyday needs
Lincoln: Does not overlap with Ford, starting quite a bit more expensive. Much more luxurious

My point being on these that pretty much no other company has 2 segments that compete on the exact same level like Kia/Hyundai does. Just seems odd to me. Maybe their line of thinking is twice the offerings then twice the sales rather than cannibalizing their own sales for the other?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts