Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 cadenza here, just shy of 36k miles on it...I've owned it since it was brand new. bought the car with around ~25 miles or so on it, 23 of those were from my 2-3 test drives before buying the car...

does the a/c system suck in these cars or is it just mine? I've never had the system recharged or anything..yet...but man does it take forever for it to start blowing ice cold air, easily 10-15+ minutes. in my wife's 2012 optima - also bought brand new and without ever having the a/c system recharged - that thing is blowing ice cold within 5min, if not sooner than that..

·
Registered
249 Posts
Do a search and you will find may reports of AC system issues, though I don't recall any like yours where it actually works but takes an extended amount of time begin cooling. Since your car is under full warranty, I would highly recommend you simply take it to the dealer to correct.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Haven't had any issues on my '14. Works well and definitely blows cool well before 15 minutes. Sounds like you have an issues that needs attention.

On my '16 Sedona my A/C compressor started leaking from the high side to the low side. At idle it wasn't building enough pressure to cool, then once moving it started cooling properly. Got it fixed under warranty and it works great now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts