Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DEMON EYES>:D

Because the DRL mod isn't possible ,without extreme cost, I've been trying to come up with something worth the effort to open up the headlights. I came across this great example of a Demon Eyes Mod with Pattern Etched lens. The headlights look very similar to the Cadenzas Headlights. I've been compiling a list of the components.

Etching Service Design Patterns:
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/c.../lenses/etching-service-patterned-design.html

Switch Back Halos
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/l...profile-pivot-switchback.html?preselect=50175

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/Headlight-Switchback-Angel-Eyes-LED-Halo-Rings-p/80-117.htm

LED Demon Eyes Module
LED Devil Demon Eyes Module For Projector Lens Headlights Retrofit Tuning DIY | eBay

While having the headlights open I think it would be a great opportunity to make changes to the shrouds. Painting the shrouds and adding some Graphic text. I also like the carbon fiber trim work on the inside of the headlights, which i think would make it appear to be a more custom job.

https://www.carstickers.com

While it's open I want to upgrade the high beams, making them HID and add a sequential turn signal behind the positioning light or maybe use the area where the DRL should be just will not have the benefit of having the optics. I want to change the Bulbs from the current 4500k to 5500-6k and change the low beam projector lens out to a higher quality. And lastly, I might as well change out the turn signal light for something different (LED bulb or something else)

I think all these upgrades would be worthy of opening up the headlights.

I know there will be a few modules that I'll need to get. Any input would be helpful.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
I'd recommend checking out the halos from Diode Dynamics (DD). I have a set of TRS Switchback Halos, and DD Switchback Halos, and the DD is brighter, especially the turn signal. 80mm will fit the high beam, and 90mm will fit the low beam shroud.

I'd check out their demon eyes too, everything I've seen, the DD are brighter than TRS - but I haven't looked at these closely as I'm not too interested. Also, since both the low beam projector and high beam projector are "closed", you'll have to cut into the projector bowl to be able to mount the demon eye. Not to mention if you have AFLS, the low beam projector is a very crowded area and may not fit well.

I'd also recommend not changing the high beam to HID - it's not worth the hassle for high beam duty only. HID take longer to warm up (not so good when doing "flash to pass"), and, the Cadenza halogen high beam is actually pretty good. I gave my halogen high beam projectors to a friend, and he fitted them into his Jeep, and he loves the output.

I'm actually about to change mine up - going to paint it all SWP to match.

Let me know if you need any pics to help illustrate anything, happy to help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd recommend checking out the halos from Diode Dynamics (DD). I have a set of TRS Switchback Halos, and DD Switchback Halos, and the DD is brighter, especially the turn signal. 80mm will fit the high beam, and 90mm will fit the low beam shroud.

I'd check out their demon eyes too, everything I've seen, the DD are brighter than TRS - but I haven't looked at these closely as I'm not too interested. Also, since both the low beam projector and high beam projector are "closed", you'll have to cut into the projector bowl to be able to mount the demon eye. Not to mention if you have AFLS, the low beam projector is a very crowded area and may not fit well.

I'd also recommend not changing the high beam to HID - it's not worth the hassle for high beam duty only. HID take longer to warm up (not so good when doing "flash to pass"), and, the Cadenza halogen high beam is actually pretty good. I gave my halogen high beam projectors to a friend, and he fitted them into his Jeep, and he loves the output.

I'm actually about to change mine up - going to paint it all SWP to match.

Let me know if you need any pics to help illustrate anything, happy to help.

Thanks for the info. Good point about the HID high beams. LEDs would be a much better choice, I just really don't like the color of the halogen high beams.

Maybe Kia also changed parts as we have seen that they release different version through the year because my projectors aren't closed (Reference the attached images.). Removing a few screws allows you to open them from the midpoint. I have the AFLS but you'll notice that the motors are all at the bottom (for the most part) of the projectors. Since the Demon Eyes (DEs) bracket mounts on the top of the projector (outside) I should have enough room. At best I think that I'll need to drill holes for the DEs bracket.

I bet that will look good and match the fog light mod you did.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Thanks for the info. Good point about the HID high beams. LEDs would be a much better choice, I just really don't like the color of the halogen high beams.

Maybe Kia also changed parts as we have seen that they release different version through the year because my projectors aren't closed (Reference the attached images.). Removing a few screws allows you to open them from the midpoint. I have the AFLS but you'll notice that the motors are all at the bottom (for the most part) of the projectors. Since the Demon Eyes (DEs) bracket mounts on the top of the projector (outside) I should have enough room. At best I think that I'll need to drill holes for the DEs bracket.

I bet that will look good and match the fog light mod you did.
I’d recommend against an LED bulb for the high beam – assuming you want functionality. An LED bulb will not be able to match the halogen’s ability to project light further down the road in the projector. The projector’s bowl and optics are tuned for a halogen filament, not an LED light source that emits light differently. The H9 bulb is actually one of the best Halogen bulbs out there.

You definitely have a “closed” projector. What I mean by that is the lens holder (the part that attaches to the bowl on one end, and holds the lens on the other end, is a closed design. The TRS image you show with a projector is an open design:

You need that open space so that the demon eye can shine down from above. This image helps show it

On the left is the high beam projector, and on the right is the Morimoto Mini H1. Notice the lens holder is closed on the high beam, and open on the Mini H1.

Your projector is the same as mine. You won’t be able to remove the lens holder just with those two screws. There’s the same screws on the other side, and are inaccessible while it’s still in the housing. Also, the top part (circle area on top) is where the projector swivels with AFLS. The only way to get the lens holder out is to remove the entire projector mount and motors, removing the projector and mount as a single unit. You’ll then have access to the other screws, but you still have to disassemble the mount in order to free the projector from the swivel point (it’s held in under tension from the top and bottom).
A pic to illustrate:

This is an overhead shot of our projector (left), and the KDM version of the Cadenza projector. That notch is where it pivots in the mount for AFLS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.