Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, two weeks with my 2015 CADENZA. I have found a Defect on the driver side only "C" pillar at the curve of the rear side glass. I went back to the dealer to show them the defect, looking for a PDR ( paintless dent repair), simple, however, it turns out ALL of the 8 Cadenzas on the lot have the same indent / weld line on the drivers side only. They plan to report this to the area zone manager when she vists next month. They documented all of the information and took pictures of my car and a few of the other cars on the lot.
Here is how to check your CADENZA, Stand in front of the drivers door with your hand on the handle, look to the rear of the "C" pillar, just where the curve is, there is an indent and a weld line defect just at the curve where the rear door opens. I see this everytime I get into the car. Took it to a PDR service center on my own, Tech said he would NOT try to repair it since it is a Factory defect and the weld line could not be changed. Not Happy with this issue.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Weird, I've gone over my entire car and detailed it and I've never noticed that with mine. I will look very closely at it next time I am with it. I have a few dings from hail from last year but all front of car. I'm usually incredibly perceptive about imperfections on this car including how the paint doesn't quite look... premium and not applied correctly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looking at this picture, what colored circle is the issue found in?
YELLOW, closer to the chrome angle on the painted "C" pillar, after doing some google research on this issue, it appears other makes / models have this weld in the same place, This is where, if you where to get in an accident the CUT LINE would be if they had to replace the rear 1/4 panel, however it shows through more on the CADENZA drivers side and does not show at all on the Passenger side.

Reactions: MacDogg

·
Registered
55 Posts
2014 Cadenza SXL -- I can see a very, very, very minor paint imperfection near the NE corner of my rear side-window - driver side (Yellow circle of previous post). Hardly noticeable -- depends how the light hits it.
Any fix would probably be even more noticeable.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I can just barely see something on mine, then from a different angle I can't even see it. I don't feel it with a gliding hand...your's must be pretty bad to notice it every day.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yes, the service dept said "NO WAY" are we going to touch that. This is a factory problem, and that is the way it is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great!!! Glad you don't have this problem, however, GOT IT FIXED TODAY, dealer said this is a factory problem with no fix. SO, I went on my own to find a fix, found a Paint Dent Removal professional in South Florida, he said no problem , have seen this before on Kia Cadenzas, 15mins all gone. it is a sheet metal crease and painted over at the factory, a few taps and all is good, C pillar is as good as the passenger side. Happy Now.

Reactions: Scynthyace
1 - 11 of 11 Posts