Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering removing the "Cadenza" badge on the rear deck lid. It was a piece of cake to remove badges from my Acura TL. So, who has done it and how hard was it to get the badge off? What process did you use? I used dental floss along with a heat gun on my TL. A little Goo Gone then a light rubbing compound (I used Scratch-X) and there were no traces. What say you?

·
Registered
186 Posts
The letters are very easy to remove. I used fishing string because floss would snap when I tried to get the KIA emblems off so I just used it on the letters, too. Floss would probably work on the letters, though.
One thing...make sure when you have the floss behind the letters, pull the floss outwards or it could rub on the deck lid and could leave 'scratch' marks in the seal/clear coat. I left the L on the car so people who know, know it's the SXL. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This installation guide will help to show how to remove the original emblems and install the new ones.

3.0K Badge Removal & Installation Tutorial - K5 Optima Store

However as for the lettering that says Cadenza, as MacDogg mentioned above, it is very easy and straightforward.
I have a question for the K5 Optima Store. What is the origin of the 3.0 badges? Was this a KIA factory design or is it an aftermarket vendor design? Was there a 2.0 design? Just wondering what the story is on these?

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I have a question for the K5 Optima Store. What is the origin of the 3.0 badges? Was this a KIA factory design or is it an aftermarket vendor design? Was there a 2.0 design? Just wondering what the story is on these?
The "K" Logo originated from Kia's original design of their logos way back when. Here you can see the original logo.

It's aftermarket, and if I remember right, the 2.0 design was a 2D design. K5OS can correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes this is correct, the 2.0 is the older design still commonly sold online over the internet. The introduction to the 3.0 emblems back in 2012 was when they introduced the newer 3 dimensional design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts