Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been driving my cadenza and when I have a moment between songs I will hear a crackling sound with my roof. If I turn off my radio and air I can hear a constant little cracks. I don't know if I should be worried or alarmed at it? I read they had shattering in the hyundai velosoter and the kia sorrento of their sunroofs? Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? :confused:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I feel like my whole car tweaks like at the b pillars

·
Registered
153 Posts
What did u mean unclassified

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a Crackling problem but it is in the headliner around the light. I have had it in twice but they can't seem to fix it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I also have a Crackling problem but it is in the headliner around the light. I have had it in twice but they can't seem to fix it.
I have crackling coming from my rear view mirror. The plastic will crack over bumps. It's annoying. Check to see if the mirror is the culprit....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So heres what my dealership said my problem is: there is a crackling from the dual panoramic roof track and they took my car yesterday and will be taking headliner down and repairing it the track. So i will get my car back hopefully today or tomorrow. they said this is the first of the kind corporate has heard of this as well. So they gave me a rental but its from hertz which i thought was funny since my dealership has plenty of kia cadenzas used and even optima's which i could take, but i got a chevrolet Malibu. To add to that once i got home yesterday after getting my car they bumper was falling off when i got back, so i had to drive all the way back to hertz wait in a 20 min line and then get switched into a (ford focus):laugh. Which i thought was funny since i told them I need a full size to deliver customers for my dads company today. But they didn't have anything and I don't understand how kia wouldn't just give me a optima or some other kia after spending 30k for a car. So now i have to cram the 4 customers today in the focus.:D.

·
Registered
125 Posts
So heres what my dealership said my problem is: there is a crackling from the dual panoramic roof track and they took my car yesterday and will be taking headliner down and repairing it the track. So i will get my car back hopefully today or tomorrow. they said this is the first of the kind corporate has heard of this as well. So they gave me a rental but its from hertz which i thought was funny since my dealership has plenty of kia cadenzas used and even optima's which i could take, but i got a chevrolet Malibu. To add to that once i got home yesterday after getting my car they bumper was falling off when i got back, so i had to drive all the way back to hertz wait in a 20 min line and then get switched into a (ford focus):laugh. Which i thought was funny since i told them I need a full size to deliver customers for my dads company today. But they didn't have anything and I don't understand how kia wouldn't just give me a optima or some other kia after spending 30k for a car. So now i have to cram the 4 customers today in the focus.:D.
Did the dealer fix the cracking sound coming from your moonroof?? Please let us know the outcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, been busy but that was quite the ordeal. They said the track for the panoramic roof was the rattling and had to take the headliner down and take all 88 clips out to get to it. But it was supposed to take 2 days but took a week and 2 days. I never understood why didn't they just give me a kia as a rental car? I had a used cadenza before when it got serviced before but i would of even taken a optima. Also the rental was a pain had a Malibu then the bumper was falling off the second i got home, went back switched to a altima, then that had transmission issues, switched to a ford focus after waiting 40 mins in the hertz shop. Then i got a Maxima for the last 5 days since I was crammed in that focus. But once I had called for my car they said it was done I got my keys and checked and the roof still wasn't flush and my seats had marks and doors had scuff marks on each door. I didn't really understand why they thought that was ok. But I got my car back and I'm just happier then ever!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry, been busy but that was quite the ordeal. They said the track for the panoramic roof was the rattling and had to take the headliner down and take all 88 clips out to get to it. But it was supposed to take 2 days but took a week and 2 days. I never understood why didn't they just give me a kia as a rental car? I had a used cadenza before when it got serviced before but i would of even taken a optima. Also the rental was a pain had a Malibu then the bumper was falling off the second i got home, went back switched to a altima, then that had transmission issues, switched to a ford focus after waiting 40 mins in the hertz shop. Then i got a Maxima for the last 5 days since I was crammed in that focus. But once I had called for my car they said it was done I got my keys and checked and the roof still wasn't flush and my seats had marks and doors had scuff marks on each door. I didn't really understand why they thought that was ok. But I got my car back and I'm just happier then ever!
Is the crackling sound gone now? Did they actually fix it?:|

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have an SXL and mine just went in 3 days a go for the crackling sound. I also have a rattle in the passenger mirror and door , crackling in the B-pillars too. They idicated that it might be a week to fix all issues. I have also noticed a slight miss when idling. I will get that addressed too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does your loaner have the panoramic sunroof as well? Although I still will occasionally hear the cracks when going over a bump or two, but I know just deal with it. Keep us posted how it works out for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The loaner does have the panaramic sunroof too. I makes a vreak everyso often but definitely much less that the SXL. The dealership called ne to come drive it and see if they fixed it. It sounded good till i went down an uneven surface and crack, crack, tink, crackle, rattle. I took it straigh back and jumped back in the loaner. SMH...

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Carl3208
This seems like an easy fix.
Turn the radio up real loud.
Surprised the dealership didn't suggest that.
I know not funny, Hope they get it fixed for you soon.
Mine doesn't do that, never even know it's there

·
Registered
37 Posts
LOL.Gene, Thanks for the laugh. I used to drive a HUmmer and that is expected. Before this car I had a BMW750 LI and that ride was smooth! When I got this car Initially it was just as smooth, then the noises started. I almost never listen to music while driving because I am a club DJ and driving is my quiet time. Therefore, I get to hear everything going on with my car. It sucks...

1 - 20 of 105 Posts