Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way to do this? In my old car, it would only record from a CD. Since everything I buy these days is digital, I had to use a bunch of re-writable CD's, burn the album, record it to the car HD, then erase it and do it again.

Is there a better way to do it with the Cadenza? I see that I can put music on a USB stick and it will play it, and copy 1 track at a time. But I'd like to copy over complete albums. Will it keep them organized by Artist/Album?

Thank you

·
Registered
796 Posts
If your main goal is to have them on your car after the media is no longer present then I don't think you can do this. If I remember correctly there is no HDD in this car. The maps are on an SD card for the head unit. I know you can sync up a phone through bluetooth, use a USB drive, or connect an iPod (don't think other media players work, I know my Zune doesn't). Other than those choices I think you are stuck with whatever CD you have in there at the time. If anyone else can confirm this would be helpful.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Actually the car has about 1 GB of HDD, at least mine does, had some MP3 CD on and was playing around the menu then I saw copy and amazingly it did, I do need to take the console apart now to see what kind of HDD is that 1 GB since the dealership had no idea of an hardisk in the car or they were ashamed to admit it is only 1 GB.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I prefer to put all my music on my phone and play it through the Bluetooth. That also lets me use my streaming music services with it, too. The steering wheel controls work with every music app I've used so far.

Plus that also means you've got your favorite music with you at all times.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Actually the car has about 1 GB of HDD, at least mine does, had some MP3 CD on and was playing around the menu then I saw copy and amazingly it did, I do need to take the console apart now to see what kind of HDD is that 1 GB since the dealership had no idea of an hardisk in the car or they were ashamed to admit it is only 1 GB.
Was not aware of that, please let me know what you find!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was not aware of that, please let me know what you find!
Car is getting polished at the dealership, as soon as I get it back next week I'll take it apart and post the findings

I think the hard drive is at least 10 GB - possibly more. According to the manual (Digital Navigation manual), it looks like you can only copy one file at a time.
Probably for the US model, but my GCC specs only has 1 GB, maybe because I got the basic trim, but you can always get one of those small flash memories, they go up to 64 GB and I'm using the center to charge my phone if needed, you can get one or two usbs and charge multiple devices if desired, I already have a 1 USB I got with my travelers kit but for $7 it'll pay itself in no time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I believe it is 700 MB just like the KIA Souls, and its mostly there for skip protection on cd's. Much like your 30 second buffers on your old cd players. Could be wrong as I can't find much solid documentation on it. I'm sure it'd b easier to open the manual than to rip apart you dash.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine is 1GB also. It's definitely intended for music storage, but copying music is kind of a pain. You can only copy one song at a time and that's only while the song is playing.. Once music is copied to the drive, its available for playback under the Media - My Music.

I can only assume that this is just a small partition on a larger hard dive. If someone does end up "locating" the hard drive please let us know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts