Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you have popped the hood you may have noticed coolant splashed on the underside of the hood and down along the side of the engine compartment. This is caused by a missing hose Kia left off. Funny part is it's missing on both our company cars here at work AND any internet picture of a Cadenza engine. Simply by some gas hose and a 90 dig elbow and you can direct it to the ground instead of all over the engine compartment. Cheers!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was speaking with KIA yesterday ( different question ) , and asked about this ( mine is not there too). She said there should not be an additional hose from the reservoir, and if there is coolant coming out the overflow, there is another problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading the many posts here it's clear not all dealerships are created equal. My place say's it's strange it should be there. Does coolant get hot in the summer, yes. Will it expand, yes. Does it need a place to go, yes.
Do all cars in the history of the automobile have one, yes.
Personally I don't want it splashing around so I attached a hose. It's how I roll. Some people fill their car with fast food wrappers and crap. For some reason that's OK with them also.......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Easy Fix, a small hose, a clamp and a wire tie. Is It really needed...maybe not, but It can't hurt. You can buy what you need at any auto store or home depot or lowes..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts