Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I found a used 2014 cadenza that I'd REALLY like to buy.

I've been researching and wanting to purchase a 2014 SXL for almost a year now (just saving up money for it). Therefore, I'm really well versed in the tech package, luxury package and limited edition package.

Here is where I'm getting stumped - this particular cadenza has cooled driver AND passenger seat (along with heated steering wheel and the rear sunshade). It also has sun roof and the 18" alloy wheels (not the nice chrome ones on the SXL).

The car does NOT have the technology package with the blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning but DOES have the electronic parking brake.

I'm confused because it's my understanding that in order to have the luxury package, you HAD to add the tech package. Also, only 2014 SXL editions have the cooled passenger seats.

Can anyone explain how this is possible? Should I pass on the deal and keep looking for an SXL instead of this specific trim? (I'd really like the SXL mainly for the cooled passenger seats).

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm a new Cadenza owner, a Certified Pre-Owned 2014, but new to me. First of all, in order to have the Tech Package, you must have the Luxury Package, not the other way around. Mine is a "Premium" with Luxury Package. The Luxury Package on the 2014 contains the following:
* Panoramic Roof with Power Sunshade
* HID Headlights w/Adaptive Lighting System
* Nappa Leather Seat & Interior Trim
* Powered Driver Seat Extension
* Ventilated Drivers Seat (Two months after mine was built, both front seats were ventilated)
* Heated Outboard Rear seats
* Heated Steering Wheel
* Supervision Meter Cluster w/7" Color LCD
* Power Tilt & Telescopic Steering Column
* Integrated Memory System
* Power Rear Window Sunshade

I'm new at the Cadenza game and I'm unclear what an "SXL" is. I too wish both front seats ventilated. Another Pre-Owned Cadenza Premium sitting right next to the one I bought had both front seats ventilated. The Cadenza is a Great Car!

·
Registered
796 Posts
If I remember correctly they have gone through a few different naming schemes in the very beginning (within the first year). People here on the forums refer to the Limited as the SXL (as all the other Kias do this), the L being limited. For a time you could get a tech package with your Premium and a Luxury package (also called something else for a time). Even if you got Premium with tech and luxury it still didn't get a few things the limited (which is fully loaded by default) had. The only thing I can think of right now (but I know there are more) was the 19" wheels that are chrome plated. There was also the special white leather edition. Also, if you get a Limited that DOES NOT have a cooled passenger seat, I have heard that Kia has told owners that if they'd like one they can contact Kia corporate, though us Premium owners don't seem to have that option.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right and I apologize for my miscommunication. The luxury package MUST be included if you want the tech package as well.

It seems as if the cadenza I found has the luxury package only. I'm excited to finally take the plunge!

I do wish it had the 19" wheels though along with the ASCC (advanced smart cruise control).

I'm a new Cadenza owner, a Certified Pre-Owned 2014, but new to me. First of all, in order to have the Tech Package, you must have the Luxury Package, not the other way around. Mine is a "Premium" with Luxury Package. The Luxury Package on the 2014 contains the following:
* Ventilated Drivers Seat (Two months after mine was built, both front seats were ventilated)
* Heated Steering Wheel

I'm new at the Cadenza game and I'm unclear what an "SXL" is. I too wish both front seats ventilated. Another Pre-Owned Cadenza Premium sitting right next to the one I bought had both front seats ventilated. The Cadenza is a Great Car!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
* Heated Steering Wheel

Mine is a premium as well, with those same features. The ASCC is nice, but it does not detect stopped vehicles if following a car and that car changes lanes to avoid a stopped car... And for that reason, I am not upset I don't have it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Kia Cadenza 2014 Limited but only my Driver seat is heated/cooled. The passenger seat is only heated.

During my search for the Cadenza, it was pretty hit or miss between each Limited model as to whether both seats were heated/cooled or not.

I do have the Limited btw...
HIDS
Adaptive Cruise Control
19' wheels
etc etc

I'm just missing that cooled passenger seat :(

Can I get that swapped?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have a Kia Cadenza 2014 Limited but only my Driver seat is heated/cooled. The passenger seat is only heated.

During my search for the Cadenza, it was pretty hit or miss between each Limited model as to whether both seats were heated/cooled or not.

I do have the Limited btw...
HIDS
Adaptive Cruise Control
19' wheels
etc etc

I'm just missing that cooled passenger seat :(

Can I get that swapped?
Actually I think you can. Call up the preferred hotline and tell them you have a Limited with only 1 seat. There is a post buried in here somewhere that says Limited could get it swapped but us lowly Premium could not :( Just give them a call, maybe someone from here can help pinpoint what I'm talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts