Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I got into my car and I noticed the gas gauge was on empty. To preface this I had about half a tank the day before. Thinking the worst I assumed someone had managed to open the gas tank from outside the car. But I was not fully convinced that event had actually occurred. So I got out of the car and rocked it back and forth... advice I picked up while driving a friends old Ford. Still nothing!

So I decided what the heck, I will just go get some more gas. Problem solved, right? Wrong! I start the car and the digital screen, I have the luxury package, light up. Every warning light known to man starts flashing. The center screen goes out and the whole system resets. When it comes back on the gas gauge shots up to full and slowly travels back down to empty. At this point I was like the **** with it, I am still going.

Putting the car in reverse the parking sensors went off, as there was something directly behind me. In reality there was nothing. I end up calling Roadside Assistance on my to Starbucks, I knew I was not going to a) drive my car any more and b) the towing service would be awhile. Kia was very nice and sent a wrecker out to come pick up the car. Granted it did take 2 hours they towed it to the dealership.

Its been about two weeks since I have had the car and the dealership was puzzled as to why I was already returning. After hours, about 7, they call me back and say the computer software on the car is corrupt and it has occurred in over 400 Cadenza's in the U.S. Needless to say Kia is aware of this issue and if you have any similar problems just take it to your dealership for correction.

My only grip about the whole thing was the lack of a loaner service, maybe just at my dealer. But still, a "near luxury" or "premium" car should come with a loaner service. It already comes with a 3 year service plan.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I 100% agree about the loaner service. Sorry to hear about your issues, regardless.

I'm interested to see how Kia will handle K9(00) owners when they need to come in for service. That's really going to be their huge Luxury car. Are they going to get a cold bottle of water on a silver tray, or told to take the shuttle bus home!? LOL

Ultimately I think that the same overall level of service should be provided across the board.

·
Registered
194 Posts
we have 3 Cadenza's as loaners for Cadenza owners at my dealership
Nice! That sucks about the software...I hope my Cadenza isn't plagued with that problem...but what do you expect, with so many computers in cars nowadays. Software can become corrupt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts