Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just picked up a low mileage 2017 Cadenza. It currently has 6700 miles on it.

Today I noticed three very distinct and quick clicks when I when I turn off the engine. This is the first time I've heard it.

Here is a quick video of the issue

Not a great filming angle but the sound is coming from the engine or something in close proximity.

All fluids are at good levels and the engine is heated up. I have a appointment scheduled later this week for the service but I wondered if anyone has observed this issue.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I only hear one click after the car shuts off but that "click" is definitely something that my car does not do. I, too, wonder what you may have found out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I brought the car in to the local dealership. They are not my regular shop.. They assured me that the sound is a series of valves closing. I am not 100% convinced but they are the professionals. I am sure they know what they are doing, I am just obsessive.

When I take the car for scheduled maintenance at my regular shop, I plan on asking the mechanic to have a listen. Just to get a second opinion.

·
Registered
782 Posts
If that's a valve making that noise, maybe it's a gummed up engine. I change my oil more frequently then the interval, 3-4000 miles instead of the prescribed 5. I also sometimes put seafoam in the crank right before the drive over to the oil change. I also run seafoam in the gas tank, 20 oz on a full tank every 5 fillups there about. and I on occasion have done the intake seafoam dump, let it sit then run it out. If you're not savvy with any of that, perhaps getting an induction cleanout service along with the throttle body cleanout could help tremendously. GDI motors are dirty on the inside, so these efforts are necessary the older they get.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Counterpoint:

Just for information of the opposite nature, I have 80,000 miles and never have done a single one of those things above. I change my oil at 7500 mile intervals, though I use Mobile 1 full synthetic if that makes any difference to anyone. My engine runs perfectly everyday.

Now, because of the many stories I've heard about GDi engines and specifically our intake track, I will be investing in some cleaning efforts when it hits 100k approximately a year from now.

To each their own and happy motoring!

Reactions: joegr
1 - 8 of 8 Posts