Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else with 19" chrome wheels having issues with the chrome flaking off? It's only happening on the spoke areas closest to the plate of the wheel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess it depends on where you live and if you get snow. In New York during the winters the counties use a lot of salt on the roads when it snows so that may contribute to this issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I thought mine were an isolated problem. Planning on contacting a local dealership to see how much crap they're going to give me about getting it covered under warranty. If so, I'll contact the preferred number. I didn't buy my car local so I'm anxious to see if the local dealership caters to Cadenza owners.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Good luck, if they are anything like the dealers in my area it doesn't matter if you own a Cadenza or a Forte, you get treated the same (not luxury either). I would give the preferred line a call and tell them what you are doing so they can track it for you and if anything happens at the dealer you can call them on the spot and tell them so they can deal with it and you don't have to keep going back and forth to the dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took my 2014 sxl 32k milest local dealership last year ( 12/2018) . Service guy took pics ( poorly) then referred it to service manager. Two weeks later, took it back at the dealership because the service manager wants to take more pictures. BS, guy didn't even take any pictures and said " No, they can't help me" . I told this manager to Fornucate himself and give me the corporate number. Now, I have an escalate case# and hopefully set of new chrome wheels.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Not exactly the approach I would have taken but if it works... Maybe don't take your car back there for normal maintenance though...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Took my 2014 sxl 32k milest local dealership last year ( 12/2018) . Service guy took pics ( poorly) then referred it to service manager. Two weeks later, took it back at the dealership because the service manager wants to take more pictures. BS, guy didn't even take any pictures and said " No, they can't help me" . I told this manager to Fornucate himself and give me the corporate number. Now, I have an escalate case# and hopefully set of new chrome wheels.
I spoke with the dealership where I was getting mine serviced and they said that they would check with their regional guy about the issue, but most likely they would said it could be due to some caustic cleaning. So short answer; He probably did call anyone. Gradually got worse so I called the dealership where I purchased the car (two hours away). After being on hold and without even seeing the rims, the dealership said that they would order me another set. Two weeks later; "New Rims"... There is an issue with the rims and sadly you got to find a dealership that cares enough to push it through... Haven't had the same issue with the new rims; 14 months since they were replaced. Important part!! Get it done before the 60k...

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's good to hear someone got their wheels replaced. I am still fighting my dealership on this one. Kia has been shady in dealing with my issue.

I originally asked for a warranty wheel replacement with about 40k miles. They took pictures and two weeks later they told me the prior dealer used acid to clean the wheels (which they had no proof of). I bought the car used with 20k miles, so this is almost a year later. I'm not happy, so naturally I complain to the Kia Customer Assistance and I get a call from the regional manager and he spews the same stuff my dealer told me. On in life we go with flaking wheels.

One year later my Kia dealership gets a new sales manager and new service manager. The sales manager is trying to sell me a new Stinger but I tell him I'm not interested in another Kia because of my experience above. He talks to the service manager and there is no record that I ever made a warranty claim on those wheels. This is in September 2018. My car had over 59K on it but still under 60k, so the service manager puts in another claim and they even attach me to the email with the pictures because they wanted to be 100% transparent. I appreciate the gesture but here we are at the end of January 2019 and I still haven't gotten an answer. The told me about two weeks after the claim that it was taking longer because they were installing some new system but that was in October. I get my car serviced Friday morning and am looking forward to their explanation of how they are going to bend me over. What little goodwill the new management at the dealership earned with me is out the window unless they replace my wheels.

I will attempt to keep this post updated but no guarantee if I'm too pissed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In March 2019 I took my 2014 with 31000 miles and peeling chrome wheels to my local dealer to look at and see what could be done. Exactly 1 week later I drove away with brand new wheels. I couldn't be happier with the dealer experience (Gateway Kia) or Kia customer support.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2014 Cadenza (~57k) is on its second set of wheels after the originals were replaced in Feb 2017 due to chrome flaking. Now the second set is showing some flaking.
Anybody have experience getting KIA to provide a third set?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts