Kia Cadenza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this possible? I'd like to have blue or white LED behind this panel. The red has always bothered me in my Optima's, and now my '14 Cadenza.

I figure there has to be a red bulb behind there, because it doesnt look like the buttons are opaque red in daylight.

Anyone ever changed these? Know what type of bulb to use? Does the piece pop off easily with a trim removal tool?

·
Registered
2 Posts
PLEASE somebody come up with something

I suffer the red blindness of the control panels as well
Hated it in my SX now they continued it in my Cadenza
ANY way to change tje color or at least make them
brighter without blasting the spedo cluster???

·
Registered
842 Posts
Only way would be to open it up and see what is behind the panel. Kiatechinfo instructions on removing the panel:

1.Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
2.Using a screwdriver or remover, remove the center fascia lower panel (A).

3.Remove the in-car hose (A).
4.Disconnect the A/C & heater controller unit connectors (B) from the center fascia lower panel.

5.Loosen the A/C & heater controller unit mounting screws.
6.Remove the A/C & heater controller unit (A) from the center fascia lower panel.

7.Install in the reverse order of removal.

Looking elsewhere, there is pic of the back of the panel, but doesn't show any type of bulbs I can male out:

It may be possible, but someone's got to investigate and report back. I like the red myself, so I am not volunteering. My guess is that there are soldered on SMD LEDs in there, which would require some skill and knowledge to replace.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Found better instructions in another part of Kiatechinfo:

1.Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
2.Using the flat driver or remover, remove the center fascia lower panel (A).

3.Disconnect the in-car hose (A) and connectors (B) from the center fascia panel.

4.Remove the AVN head unit (A) after loosening the mounting screws.

5.Remove the AVN head unit connectors and cables (A).

Diagram of other portion:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm interested. If anyone figures out a way to change the color please post. I'd definitely like to have blue as the backlight color.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I disassembled the front fascia today. Once you get the panels off, there are clips all the way around that looks like you can separate to get at the bulbs (or whatever is there). I tried for 5 min and gave up trying to release the clips - I think you need about 10 hands to hold the clips simultaneously in order to separate it. I tried out of curiosity, as I have no desire to change the color.

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks pretty easy. Only trick is knowing what size LEDs to get before starting so you don't have it in pieces for a prolonged period.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Looks pretty easy. Only trick is knowing what size LEDs to get before starting so you don't have it in pieces for a prolonged period.
Taking it out doesn't take too long (I had it out in under 5 min), you could get it out and take a peak to see what you need. It may be incandescent for all we know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts