Kia Cadenza Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I took my K900 in for service on Saturday( Richmond B.C. Canada) one of the service managers asked me when I Purchased my car in case I needed a courtesy car which I thought was somewhat odd and when I told him 6/29/2015 he said you just got in under the wire because after July1/2015 K900 and Cadenza's that are purchased will not be guaranteed similar cars but Optima's which isn't terrible but certainly a change Have any of you heard that or seen evidence of that ?:confused::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
from what I remember when I was with KIA... there is no rule saying that a dealer had to have another K900 for a loaner and it was at their discretion to have a Cadenza.... I haven't been with KIA for a year now so....

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
When I took my cadenza in for a problem ,which KIA had to approve before hand, KIA rented me a car from Enterprise. A ford focus. That wasn't the dealer but KIA.
I was approved for a car for 3 days, was able to return it on the second day as the problem was found and repaired.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The K900 advertising material and owners' handbooks specifically says a K900 as a loaner but the premium dealers in Canada are given some slack and allow the Cadenza as their loaner cars because I was told dealers do not keep many k900's around and they don't want one used as a loaner car for obvious reasons of mileage and wear and tear. My first service will be coming up in a few months I will provide a few weeks notice ansd see what car they provide me with I will report back.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
I haven't had the K900 in for anything but an oil change, And to have them replace the key socket for the locking lug nuts.
They got me a whole new set because it was never in the car. I'd have been up the creek if I had a flat before I noticed it missing.
Wife might have been stranded some where, She usually drives it.
Wish I could say that about the first Cadenza I had, nothing but troubles. Guess it was made on a Friday just before a holiday week end
This Cadenza has been great, only minor stuff.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Ditto for the Enterprise rental. I usually get something like a Altima, but honestly I'm just happy they give me something to drive while it's being worked on for extended periods of time. I would like to have another Cadenza, and they do have loaner Optimas they give you if they have them in. If it's something quick (oil change) and you need to run somewhere they will usually either give you a loaner or someone will drive you where you need to go and pick you up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
And to have them replace the key socket for the locking lug nuts.
They got me a whole new set because it was never in the car. I'd have been up the creek if I had a flat before I noticed it missing.
When I got the Cadenza I looked for the lug nut key about 1 week later and could not find it anywhere. I called the dealership and asked for them to deliver it to me since it wasn't in the car. they said they didn't have it, did I look in the glove box, the spare tire well in the trunk or the console.
Of course I did. I eventually found it in the fuggin first aid kit in the trunk. Who would put the lug nut key in there?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I got the Cadenza I looked for the lug nut key about 1 week later and could not find it anywhere. I called the dealership and asked for them to deliver it to me since it wasn't in the car. they said they didn't have it, did I look in the glove box, the spare tire well in the trunk or the console.
Of course I did. I eventually found it in the fuggin first aid kit in the trunk. Who would put the lug nut key in there?!?!?!?!
You have a first-aid kit? Never got one in mine. wonder if its a US thing and Canadian's don't get one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's the same place that I found mine. I bought the car in February, and found the lug key in the First Aid Kit in March.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts